Cloth or leather or does it matter?

vrclay

I've always had cloth seats for my seats. Looking forward towards our next car purchase - possibly another Prius or Kia Soul (driving a rental and it's growing on me).

Thoughts, experiences? WWYB?

ADS

Melanie

I personally prefer cloth. Leather is hot to the touch when it's a million degrees out. I think car seats are more likely to damage leather over time. I was pleasantly surprised at how the vehicle seat cushions were able to spring back when I sold my van a while back. For 5 years one spot always had a car seat in it. It was very compressed, but after 1 day and a quick shop vac suction you'd never know a car seat had been there. I think leather could have had rub marks. :twocents:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm a big fan of leather. I've never had car seats ruin it, and I've never felt burnt on hot days. (then again, I rarely wear shorts)

Best part is that it's easy to clean. If someone spills something, you just wipe it up. I'll never have cloth again.

wyomommyx3

There are pros and cons to both... leather is easy to clean, but I generally hate trying to get a tight install in dh's leather seats :)

krissyleigh92

I like Leather, easy to clean, if you go swimming, or anything you can just sit in the car without really worrying about having to put towels down. On a really hot day just slipp something over the seat so you wont stick to it! :] Never had a problem with the Carseat ruining it either :] I prefer Leather so much more :]

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I always had cloth in previous cars. I've had leather for 5 years now. It sucks in the summer. Unless I have no choice in term of options, I won't get leather again unless it has air-conditioned, perforated seats. My mom's 10 year old Buick has that and it's awesome. I don't know why more vehicles don't have it by now.

Aurezalia

I refuse to get leather. But... I live in southern AZ, AKA the 7th level of hell. ;) I would NOT want to sit on a leather car seat for about 5 months out of the year. Nuh-uh!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
CPSDarren said:
I always had cloth in previous cars. I've had leather for 5 years now. It sucks in the summer. Unless I have no choice in term of options, I won't get leather again unless it has air-conditioned, perforated seats. My mom's 10 year old Buick has that and it's awesome. I don't know why more vehicles don't have it by now.

We have the air-conditioned seats in our truck. We thought it was really stupid until we turned them on, then OMG! so nice!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC