wish i could talk to strangers!!

susanx4

well nothing i could of really done anyway, but i was just at the grocery store and this lady pulls out of the spot next to me, with a little one rf in an infant seat.. except little ones head is higher then the back of the seat, seat isn't buckled in and baby isn't buckled in just sitting in the seat and grandma is sitting with him keeping him in his seat with her hand...... i wish i had the nerve to hand her my card!! and a USAA booklet!

ADS

lovemybabies924

you should have! thats nuts! hope u get the nerve next time! it is nerve wracking to talk to strangers when u have NO idea how they might react..as long as they dont look like they are packing heat ur probably safe hehe:whistle:

ConnorsMommy

The majority of the time, I am way too chicken to talk with people either. Since I am not a tech and only self educated (from here and other websites about car seat safety), I don't feel like I can say anything. I did speak up the other day though! I had seen a mom at the library with 3 kids. The older 2 were twins, almost 4 years old, and the younger one was 2. After leaving the library, I saw her at the grocery store getting her kids in the car. I parked next to her and noticed that she had the bigger twin in a backless booster with the belt under his arm and the younger 2 in Evenflo seats with super loose harnesses and belly clips. I asked her if I could talk to her about her children's car seats and she seemed open to it so I talked to her about having the harnesses snug, clips at armpit level and making sure the boy in the booster had the shoulder belt on his shoulder. I wasn't familiar with her Evenflo seats (appeared to be FF only, red plain material, armrests, no front harness adjuster, looked fairly new so not expired) so I didn't know how to tighten them. She said her husband was the one who dealt with that kind of stuff so she would have him do it. My son's school is most likely having a car seat check event in a few weeks so I told her about it. She gave me her phone number so I can let her know for sure when the event will be. I hope she comes so some techs can help her!

ETA- I just looked at the Evenflo website and the seat she has in an Evenflo Chase in Steeple Chase. I've never played with one before so do not know anything about the seat.

keri1292

Sometimes I don't feel comfortable approaching someone for various reasons, but I have no problem dialing 9-1-1. :twocents:

luckyclov

What does 911 do?

I was at a traffic light the other day, next to a police car, and in back of a sedan that had 2 kids (I'd say aged anywhere from 4-8) hopping all over the backseat, obviously unrestrained in ANY form. Frankly, the cop would have had to have been blind not to have seen it. But nada was done...the light turned green and everyone went on their way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC