2011 Nissan Leaf meets the Radian and Frontier

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Here is the Leaf!

LEAF1.jpg

Here is the back seat, of the Leaf. Wow, a Leaf with a back seat. Anyway.

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

In the center, there is a bump, that is very Sienna like. BUT, the radian did NOT budge.

LEAF2.jpg

LEAF3.jpg

Forward facing.

LEAF4.jpg

Thanks to WhatAboutPuppy, for doing the Radian installs.

Frontier.

IMG_4679.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

mum2two

In the FF Radian, is that how upright it installs in other cars too?

What did you think about the leg room for the child in the Frontier? The seat looks so big in that car compared to what I'm used to seeing in my IL's big Buick.

So is the Leaf smaller than an Altima, interesting name too!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I think the vehicle seat back is a little more reclined, kind of like in my 2002 Malibu. So I feel the radian is LESS upright FFing in the leaf.

There is a lot of leg room. That pic just makes it look like there is no room.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Why doesn't Nissan ever have a center headrest?

IIRC Chevy doesn't either.

I can't imagine buying a car that is basically a 4 seater because of that.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The lack of a center rear headrest is annoying alright. At least the Leaf has a center rear seating position for installing a carseat and has potential for 3 across, unlike the Chevy Volt which has no center rear seating position at all. :eek:

Kat_Momof3

well, at least it looks like a FLAT hump.

but yeah, the lack of center headrest would tick me off, too.

Toyota... I love you so much sometimes it hurts.

andre149

I'm honestly amazed that a car that small has that much backseat space and seats install well... finally the car manufactures are listening :thumbsup:

ZanesMom

Great! Those are installs, esp the upright RF Radian being easy, means that DH is going contunie to beg me to let him buy one.

Thanks for taking the time to test all these intalls for everyone.

Last edited:

WhatAboutPuppy

Unless they change the squishy-bounciness of that seat... then the install with that hump is actually helpful!
The boot of the radian RF with my knee right on the edge (where the kiddo's knees would bend FF) totally sunk it right into the seat. I feel like making sure the boot was in front of the hump was like a dummies guide tip to getting an upright install. It was so super easy.

On a side note... invest in the floor mats. Seriously. Cuz wow. They were beyond pilly. In only a weekend at a car show. Seriously.

And people were in and out of the front seats so I didn't even touch them. They are at a good and comfortable distance from the air bags and such. But I can't say how scooted up they were.

And of course... No clue if the radian would have latch slip issues or not.

And... just kidding.

BeautifulChaos

I have a friend who will be getting this car at the end of the month and will be needing to do 3 across (2 Frontiers and something RF for the newb). Do you think anything besides the radian will fit in between?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I had never heard of that car, but it's awesome that you can get those big/tall seats in.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
If she gets something that is up on a base, it may work as well. Try the marathon 70, or any of the new Britax convertibles. They should go right over the cup holders in the frontiers. Maybe a coccoro too.

littleangelfire

Weird, I got a Nissan Versa on Friday, and thought the lack of middle headrest was just b/c it wasn't a brand new car, Nissan never has them in the middle? Well, poo on Nissan. It does bum me out a bit - I keep consoling myself with the fact that 1)no way are 3 avg sized adults sitting back there which leads to 2)just put the smallest kid in the middle and call it good.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Mazda and Chevy (at least) don't either. I thought they were going to be required last year, but apparently not.

Radians and Nissans love one another. I'm just thrilled to see normal length seatbelt stalks. So many Nissans had center stalks that were stupidly long. When I'd install a Radian rear facing in the center of my Xterra, the buckle was in the belt path completely. Same thing forward facing.

Wendy

BeautifulChaos

If she gets something that is up on a base, it may work as well. Try the marathon 70, or any of the new Britax convertibles. They should go right over the cup holders in the frontiers. Maybe a coccoro too.

Are the newer convertibles better for newborns? Her babies tend to be on the smaller side

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC