Question Need Help

I NEED to get DD3 a new seat. She is finally (at just shy of 2yrs) outgrowing her SS1 by height. She is riding in a Scenera that was given to us (by a friend that I finally convinced to get her girls BACK into appropriate seats ).

DD3 weighs about 33in & 25lbs right now and I believe her torso is 11.5 or 12in (she is sleeping or I would double check but she is on the third slot of the Scenera).

I go back and forth between the following seats; Radian XTSL, Britax Marathon 70 or Boulevard 70.

Any opinions? Any others I should look at?

We live in Japan so I can't just go and "try them out". We drive a '93 Toyota Lucida (same as the old Siennas that look like a bubble ) and will have to use locking plates unless the seat hase built in lockoffs (love having these on the SS1!).

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'd get the First years truefit premier... it has the anti-rebound bar so provides anti rebound support much like britax seats, but is less expensive.

She's small for her age, so she won't need the 40/45lb weight limit rearfacing... and the truefit has tall top slots that should get her easily to when she's ready for a booster.

And... main reason... it has built in lockoffs.. so no need for locking clip!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Are you going to rear face of forward face her? Rearfacing is 5 times safer!

The Britax convertibles don't allow as much leg room for extended rear facing as other seats. Out of your list, I'd definitely go with a Radian. You could also look into the Graco MyRide 65, Safety 1st Complete Air, or Evenflo Triumph 65. The First Years True Fit is another recommened seat.

mommycat

For a lighter child and with your need for lockoffs, I would get the TF as well. Unless you have a need to do 3across - it is a very wide seat. If you really like the Britax then those are wonderful as well, but more $$ and less legroom (and slightly lower slot heights and shell height). ;) But still nice and a fine pick for a small-for-age child.

While 3 across is not an absolute necessity. I would like the option if we need it. My van is the one used for most things so getting that extra space from flipping the 3rd row up is great. My other 2 daughters ride each ride in a Nautilus.

I have already vetoed the Complete Air. I love the seat but not rearfacing. I borrowed a friends to play with and it took me almost 20minutes just to get the seat belt threaded through. I don't like how you have to twist your hands under and then up through the belt path.

Also I don't know how much she will grow. All 3 of my girls were approximately the same size at this age. My oldest (7 yrs) is still a tiny thing at not even 55lbs yet and My middle daughter (5yrs) is already as big as my oldest and has frequently been bigger than the older one in the last few years. I just don't want to get a seat and she follow my middle daughter in growth.

I like the Truefits but they are a beast, I think I have a friend with one so I may see if she will let me play with it.

Anyone have more info on the MyRide? I think that the MyRide and Evenflo seat will be too wide? And what is this I keep seeing about a new Graco seat??? Something about a convetible seat with a base? Is it huge? Something like that would be awesome since I do need to be able to move it sometimes to the Hubby's car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC