The Power of Television

Emi's Mommy

The message of car seats expiring is really getting through. When I picked up my new Air Protect I had three people tell me to check the manufacturing date because they saw on the TV commercial that car seats expire! One was the teenage cashier, another was a worker who was leaving the store in her 50's, and another was an elderly gentleman who was in the next aisle.:thumbsup:

Makes you wonder if the government made a similar commercial about ERF we'd see more of it.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm not sure how often it's running because we don't watch a lot of TV, but I'm starting to get questions at work too. Makes me happy to know that some of the people who have their kids in 15yr old seats are finally putting their kids and grandkids in safe seats. :thumbsup:

jess71903

Ambassador
That's awesome! I would love to see an ERF PSA on TV. I really think that's the way to reach a lot more people. Online, people have to seek out the info. They mindlessly watch commercials between their favorite shows, and some of it sticks!

Emi's Mommy

I've seen it pretty much everyday during the news. I've been known to watch the noon, 6 and 11pm broadcasts so it's really getting out there!

I checked out the Healthy Canadian website and it seems to have a lot of good information there as well. Replacing seats after collisions-even if the child was not in the seat, aftermarket items can interfere with the seat, don't rush to move from RF to FF to booster-use seats to their limits instead. The pictures have the chest clips at armpit level too.

The only thing I didn't see was to not use second hand seats unless you absolutely know the history. But I wonder if a government site could even put that on there seeing as it's not illegal to sell a used seat. Hmmmmm

geekKT

I don't watch a ton of TV but I've caught it a handful of times on at least a few different channels, usually in the evening.

mommycat

I watch tv a lot, but usually US channels. :eek: I have yet to see the ad (and can't do videos on this computer). What channels am I most likely to catch it on? I'd love to see it.

Oh, and it's SO EXCITING to see my addiction in a tv ad and hearning about random people knowing something important about carseats! YAY!!!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTSJ6XdOotk"]YouTube - Did you know ...? children's car seats / health risk - obesity[/ame]

selinajean

I did a presentation at a Healthiest Babies group this morning and there were a LOT of questions about car seat expiry. I never get questions about that. I have to think that the TV commercial is getting some info out there...at least enough to make people ask questions and that is perfect!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC