Question evenflo chase on airplane (quick please!)

mamoomorgan

So we're flying to Mexico and renting a van for while we're there. I just bought my 4yo a Chase for the trip (she normally rides in a truefit but that thing is a beast!). How well does it install in planes? Any tricks? Enna (our 5yo) will ride in her MA (which I find nearly impossible to uninstall on the plane even with flipping the buckle, is the male end that flips?). Last time we used a Scenera and it was so easy to install, loved it (for that at least)!

Thanks for any super quick answers (we leave first thing in the a.m.)

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The FEMALE portion of the aircraft buckle needs to be flipped to enable uninstallation when deplane. But something like the Radian where there is not a 'hard' seatback and you can unbuckle an aircraft seatbelt easily. I have no experience with a Chase on an aircraft though.

Asking the Other transportation forum might help more though.

mommycat

crstcrzy recently flew with 2 Chases, not sure the plane, but she said they travelled very well. As for the MA, I would ask for a seatbelt extender as you are boarding (they can be slow getting it to you; I asked for one for both our seats then if you need it to shift a buckle off someone's back or something, you have it). Then you just shorten the lapbelt as far as it will go so that the flip-plate of the buckle is outside your beltpath, attach the extender, and use that to tighten the install.

crstcrzy

I did recently fly with 2 chases on an air bus. It was great! They fit fantastically!! I did not need belt extenders, and they went on really tight, very easily! Just pop the cover off the sides, and you can see perfectly to do what needs to be done, and its easy as that!

mamoomorgan

Thanks everyone, glad to hear the Chase was so easy. Funnt how the MA is such a breeze to install in our car and a PITA on the plane, yet the chase is easy on the plane and was a bit of a PITA in our car. We'll try the seat belt extender, never tried that before.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC