Interesting tidbit about the Canadian version of the 2011 Odyssey

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
DH and I recently found out that our XC90 needed a *lot* of work. Probably over $6000. We were trying to sell it for 13k once all the problems began. So I took it to the Honda dealer, out of curiosity, and to drive the 2011 Odyssey. I had quickly looked online and was disappointed to discover that the Canadian version of the Touring didn't have the "Elite" package that the US has--with the improved speaker system, and the Xenon (HID) headlights. I really wanted those HIDs. It's also a $2500 package, and our Touring was priced 7k above the US Touring.

But wow--apparently the Canadian Touring IS the Touring+Elite. Which means that the price difference is only $4500, and I get my HIDs. That's still 10% more, but it's not terrible considering where things were when the dollar first approached par. I did buy my previous Odyssey in OR, and saved 10k. It wouldn't be worth it for $3500ish after expenses.

So, back to the XC90. They offered me a nice amount for it.

So, on that note.. does anyone want to buy a 2008 Odyssey Touring? (If I weren't joking, that would have to go into swap..) It would seem that I have a 2011 Odyssey Touring coming in a week or two. I can't wait to snap some photos for you all :) Normally I plan my car purchases for close to a year, not less than an hour...and I still haven't even seen a Touring, since they're completely sold out here. It'll be like Christmas!

So I'm really impressed with Honda. We were looking at the CR-Z for our oldest son, and the price was almost identical to the US price. Apparently most of their vehicles have come down 5% in the last year. Maybe one day we'll see equal pricing in both countries :) :)

-Nicole.

ADS

QuassEE

I put it on our local Craigslist here for 27k firm, since I have $3000ish in accessories on it. $2k MDX chromed rims when I de-PAX'd, winter floor mats, trunk liner, exterior visors, and a full set of snows. Right now our CL has ones at 32500 and 29895, neither of which are private sale.. There's some sort of tax advantage to private sale here, I think. With the $2k in wheels I don't think my price is unreasonable, the 29895 isn't as nice and would likely only go down to the 27k mark. Mileage on all of them is all pretty close (50k km, 60k km, respectively, and 46,5k miles for mine)..

Knowing Canadian pricing, does that seem reasonable? I could've listed it for 29k without the firm, I guess, and taken 27k... but I'd rather not deal, and just sell it as a package.. That way if people want to deal, I can offer it up without the snows and interior accessories. I am also paying the B1 maintenance on Tuesday, which is an additional $300 they're "getting" with the sale--it's at 15% oil life now and doesn't have to be done until 10%. Heck, if I was less honest I'd be re-setting the computer and just doing the oil change.

-N.

geekKT

I think so. I'm not up to date on their pricing but with a quick search of the local ads it looks about right. I see lower model '08s with more mileage listed for more than you're asking.

Does the Canadian Touring also have the upgraded speakers? Are we missing one of the lower models to make up for not having the regular Touring? I suppose I could just hit the website and look it up myself.

QuassEE

We're missing the US Touring model, instead our Touring is the US Touring+Elite package. There's no option to omit the Elite package :) Honestly, however, the EX-L had almost everything my 08 Touring has!

-N.

QuassEE

I just read up on that, too. HST strikes again.

I've declared the damages and provided pictures to the three interested parties so far, and there's a check box on the transfer paperwork.

-N.

Shanora

So question, how much is the monthly payment on a '11 Ody? I'd SOOOOO love one, but the $800/m price tag was HUGE when we were looking at the '06 Ody! Its like another rent payment

LittlePeanut

Yeah hubby has been raving on about the 2011... The price is lower and includes many more options now than our 2010 model. Oh well, not an option now eh? ;) I love our Ody and we bought it when we needed it. Did you get the Car Cost Canada report for helping to deal the price down a bit?

QuassEE

I still have two reports on my CCC account, but they don't have the 2011 Ody invoices up. It wouldn't have mattered--you can get that information from the dealer, and look up holdbacks yourself. The big problem here is that they cannot keep the Touring in stock, and so talking them down significantly is next to impossible at this point in the model year. I went to OdyClub and checked the pricing forum, and it seemed like the best price any Canadian had managed was $2200 off MSRP. Well, I wanted $2000 in options (which technically their cost on is about $1100-1200) so I gave them MSRP and asked for the $2000 in options to be thrown in. Sort of the same as MSRP-2000+2000 in options, but easier to swing through management. (The sales guy, as it turns out, is a friend of a friend..we found out after starting the deal; Our mutual friend sells Toyotas.) So basically I got MSRP-2000 and paid full price on my options. *NORMALLY* I get my cars for $500-$1000 over dealer invoice. I believe I'm at about $1500 over invoice in this case. I also got a NICE trade-in amount, so I am pretty happy with the deal. I was originally going to ask for a $1200 option and he obviously said that would go okay quite quickly, so I asked for $700 more..and got it. I knew I would. I probably could've gotten the remote start thrown in, too, but I'm still unsure as to whether or not I want it.

So how much it costs.. Honda has a calculator on their website. That's probably the best way to figure out the costs. Keep in mind that the 2011 EX-L is *almost* what the 2010 Touring was, AND prices are lower this year. You can probably get a 2011 for what you'd get a clearance 2010 for, although you would be much closer to MSRP. When I found out the Elite was included in our Touring, that's pretty much what sold it for me. If I couldn't get HIDs in 2011, I wasn't buying. My favourite thing about my XC90 was the HIDs.

Honestly.. I didn't give the money thing much thought. Every other car I've done a bunch of research, but this .. I sort of bought on a whim. I reserved it, and then came home and told my DH. Oops? Funny part is that I went on the test drive with my ex!

-N.

QuassEE

Tell R it has 47,7k mi. I just checked! I'm going to be counting the days until the new Ody!!

-N.

Shanora

*sigh* The one I priced out and added all the features too....I'd need to pay just under $700 a month on a lease.....I'd SO need to take in like 2 extra kids. LOL

QuassEE

It's a tax writeoff if you provide care isn't it?

We had the $6k trade-in and still ended up almost $750/m fully loaded with 2k in options for 36m lease... but we do about 50% business use and will get back about $100/m worth on taxes. Still not a lot, but .. meh.

-N.

Shanora

I have no idea, I'd have to look into that. Just found out the black book value of my '03 Windstar....$1000-3000.....lmao

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC