Question Nissan Pulsar baby car seat anchor points

M

MelanieSum

Hi I have a Nissan Pulsar SSS 1999 and can only find one anchor point on the left rear passenger side. Is there any other point or can I get one installed? Thanks

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Actually, in a 1999 vehicle, there are likely to be no anchors at all -- either lower anchors or top tethers. You will need to install the seat with vehicle belts (lower anchors cannot be retrofitted) and get a top tether anchor installed if the child is forward-facing. What seat are you using and how old and how big is the child?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, I don't find a listing for the Pulsar in the Nissan section of the LATCH manual at all to give you any pointers (bad pun, sorry) on anchor points for retrofitting it with any top tether anchors, which is not encouraging. If I remember correctly, retrofittable Nissans tend to have info. about anchorage points and parts info. for retrofitting top tether anchors in their owner's manuals. Is there any indication in your Pulsar's owner's manual that it can be done? If not, then you can try contacting Nissan corporate/consumer affairs (which may be futile but to verify whether or not Nissan has a tether anchor retrofit for the Pulsar), and also possibly consider contacting EZ-On to see if it's possible to do an aftermarket EZ-On tether anchor retrofit. :twocents:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That's a Japanese car, and the OP is in Australia.

OP, I'd call Nissan at 1800 035 035 and see what they can do. Sorry, we only have Canadian and US info for cars.

Wendy

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Whoops, I assumed it was a U.S. vehicle. Nissan had a Pulsar model on the market in the U.S. so I was fully expecting to find the Pulsar referenced in the LATCH manual, and its absence from the LATCH manual is still odd from that standpoint. :eek: The U.S. market Pulsars were also older, 1980s era models and discontinued here long before the OP's 1999 model, come to think of it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC