47lb 4 1/2 y/o

Larah

Hi and thanks in advance.
My son is 47lbs, about 40 inches, 4 and 1/2 and in a Frontier in our Sienna and a FPSVD in our CRV. So he has 3lbs left in the FPSVD (exp early 2013)and we need a new seat. I was wondering if a Radian XTSL would last us long enough until he is able to be in a booster. I have a 1 year old in a Marathon (Exp 1/13) that could probably use a radian after the those 2 expire. I also like the idea of the super latch because it would make it easier to install in the captains chair of our new Sienna. (Once installed with the belt, I can't move the seat up to get to the 3rd row).

Anyway. I didn't know if the Radian would be useful for him at all or if i should wait until after the MA and FPSD expire for the radian and get something else for the 4 1/2 y/o.

thanks

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The FPSVD goes to 55 pounds, not 50.

The Radian has top slots just over an inch taller than the FPSVD. It'd get him until he was ready for a booster, in all likelihood.

Wendy

Mae

You also need to take into account what year car you have. You can only use SuperLATCH to the full abilities of the car seat if your car was manufactured after September 1 of 2005. Make sure that you're looking at the manu date, not the model year. To see your DOM, it's usually on the inside sticker of the driver's side door, along with how much air should be in your tires.

Often times, even though a car may be an '05, it was manufactured in '04.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC