Have you guys seen the specs on the 08 Chrysler T&C?

menfusse

We have an 06' and they just sent us a magazine with the info on the upcoming 08's in all their cars. The new Town and Country will have second row captain's chairs availabe that REAR FACE!!!! You just turn the seats around. Does anybody find this as exciting as me? My 5 year old can ride rearfacing even though her seat is installed ff. And the third row can come with 2 integrated child seats that fit up to 50lbs! I feel the need to trade in mine on a new one's come out.

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Actually your 5 year old can not ride rear facing on those seats. In the Chrysler brochure it states that when used with a child restraint it must be forward facing and the manual of your car seat also prohibits using it on rear facing or side facing seats. Maybe if Chrysler would put in their own built in car seats and allow them to be rear-facing while in use...now that would be cool. But you know it will never happen, darn-it!:p

menfusse

Actually your 5 year old can not ride rear facing on those seats. In the Chrysler brochure it states that when used with a child restraint it must be forward facing and the manual of your car seat also prohibits using it on rear facing or side facing seats. Maybe if Chrysler would put in their own built in car seats and allow them to be rear-facing while in use...now that would be cool. But you know it will never happen, darn-it!:p

Well, shoot. I got all excited. Oh well. Its still neat though.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We have an 06' and they just sent us a magazine with the info on the upcoming 08's in all their cars. The new Town and Country will have second row captain's chairs availabe that REAR FACE!!!! You just turn the seats around. Does anybody find this as exciting as me? My 5 year old can ride rearfacing even though her seat is installed ff. And the third row can come with 2 integrated child seats that fit up to 50lbs! I feel the need to trade in mine on a new one's come out.

I want it I want it I want it I want it...and I despise US made minivans, but I don't care, I want it I want it I want it.....:love:

Paperdragon

I was noticing that in the Regent guide. Why is it exactly that it can't go in a rear facing seat? Physics-wise I mean. Wouldn't it be more secure? I'm not saying I would ever do it against the manufacuterers recommendation. I just want to know why.....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I was noticing that in the Regent guide. Why is it exactly that it can't go in a rear facing seat? Physics-wise I mean. Wouldn't it be more secure? I'm not saying I would ever do it against the manufacuterers recommendation. I just want to know why.....

No reason besides it's probably not tested and because they say so....:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC