options for 40lb 4 year old?

aja

so what options are out there for an almost 40lb 4 1/2 year old? it's for marvel. or i could get something else for jet or one of the twins and put her in the radian xtsl or a myride.

the ones i like so far are:

nautilus (not crazy about it)
roundabout 55 (for her or one of the twins)
prosport
another radian
another myride (though for some reason i really don't want 3 myrides...)

what are your favorites for that age/size?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Forward facing, the Frontier, Nautilus, ProSport, or Maestro. You've got convertibles enough for ERF for the youngers. I wouldn't buy more.

Wendy

momtoo3

Is your oldest booster ready? If so I would get a booster and pass down the Radian. Otherwise we really like our Frontier 85 and Nautilus and those could go for either of your 2 oldest.

aja

he does very well in a booster but he is unable to buckle/unbuckle himself in one. we're still working on it, but he's just not there yet. and with 4 in car seats there is a lot of value on him being able to buckle/unbuckle the radian. i thought my husband would be all for him being 100% boostered, but he would rather dish out the money for a new seat then do the extra buckling.

momtoo3

I understand. We just got a Frontier 85 to replace an almost new Parkway SG because it was a pain to buckle my 5 yr old in in my husband's car (3 across.) My son is almost 5.5 (june bday too) and can buckle himself into the Frontier 85 and Nautilus (he is on the top slots and almost outgrown the Nautilus though) but can't buckle the Radian. He can't release any of them but I like it like that!

Kat_Momof3

I'd likely get Jet a frontier 85 or Prosport... and pass the Radian down to Marvel.

That way, he can use it harnessed now, then as a booster (unless he passes it to Marvel when that time comes in the next year or two)

Athena

Why don't you like the nautilus? My 4 year old (~37 pounds) loves hers. I'd rule out the Roundabout 55 for your 4 year old. We have one for our 2 year old and I'm fairly sure my 4 year old has outgrown that seat both RF and FF, probably some time ago.

aja

Why don't you like the nautilus? My 4 year old (~37 pounds) loves hers. I'd rule out the Roundabout 55 for your 4 year old. We have one for our 2 year old and I'm fairly sure my 4 year old has outgrown that seat both RF and FF, probably some time ago.

we had one for jet a couple years ago. the cover wouldn't stay on and got snagged up quickly. he wasn't able to sleep in it very well. nothing really specific, just not that fond of it.

marvel is actually very short. she can still wear some 3t pants. she has just filled out alot recently. we tried her out in some seats last night at target and she fit well in the classic marathon, triumph advance, maestro, myride, and of course nautilus. maybe we'll do the daisy nautilus.

although i do like the idea of the prosport for jet. i think a store near us has them in stock. i'll have to take him in and try it out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC