Musical Carseats

StillThankful

I have 5 carseats but only have a place to put 4 carseats. ANyone else have more carseats than they can use at one time? LOL--I know... we all do:)

I ended up with an extra carseat b/c I intended to put it in my mom's car just in case she takes DD1 somewhere, but her car is full of many treasures and there's no room for it.:p

Well, I don't want to keep the spare EFTA carseat in the garage forever. I was wondering how often you rotate/swap out your carseats (from spare car to your car, to unused carseats to used carseats, etc. . .)

I would swap out DD1's Radian for the EFTA for a spell. Is it silly to store a $200 seat for a $40 one (got the EFTA on sale). I like the EFTA and want to use it in DH's car b/c DH LOOOOVES that car seat's easy harness knobs.

Sorry for rambling--just trying to give you all my thoughts/concerns at once.:p

ADS

Baylor

I don't keep my car seats in the garage.. I keep them in the house so that they are not subject to extreme temps when not in use..

I just sold the one your oldest is in! I loved that seat!

I am getting ready to purchase some more seats so I am curious too about the swap thing..

babyherder

I have a no back booster, a hb tb (that's incompatible with my car :mad:), a vivo, and a comfortsport. And no kids. Right now all my seats live in my bedroom. Plus a no back tb that's crashed and being used as a catbed.

christineka

I love change! After awhile I think I can improve the arrangement of car seats in my van. Then things change. I have one booster in dh's car and two in my house. I'm trying to sell the two in the house. Grandparents don't live near us or I would store the boosters in their car.

rachelandtyke

Your DD loooks so cute in that sandbox EFTA! ;)

I have 2 (Blvd, TF) seats currently in my car. Then we have 3 (EFTA, RA50, CCO) in the house plus a snugride in storage. I have 2 (TF) at my parents' house out of state.

Sometimes we go someplace with our friends and they ride with us. I put my extras (which are supposed to be in DH's car, but haven't made it there yet) in our van so they don't have to take their seats out. When we're done, DD begs me to leave the extras in and she "car seat" hops and rides in different ones for different trips, lol. I've also at times had 2 different seats rf in our car for DS, lol.

The one we paid the most for does get the most use (Blvd). The next most expensive was the TF, and it is DD's primary seat.

Pixels

I use whichever seat is the most appropriate for that moment. DD's usual ride in DH's car is a Radian XT, but at the moment she's riding in a seat that I paid $16 for. It's not about how much I paid for the seat, it's about matching the seat to the situation. We needed three adults plus DD in his car for a weekend. The Radian is usually in the center, which leaves enough room to shoehorn an adult outboard. The Radian can be installed outboard, but makes the front passenger a bit uncomfortable. A better solution was to put the Avenue outboard. Everyone has room, everyone is comfortable, everyone is safe.

I do have a list in my head of which seat "belongs" with which car. It's what I consider ideal arrangement, but it's also very flexible as the situation changes. I'll put anything in my car, other than the incompatible Radian. For SIL, I keep the same one seat in there because I've taught her how to use that seat and she's only comfortable using that seat. She would rather not drive with DD than use a different seat. For DH's car, I can put most anything in, as long as I give him a 60 second lesson on what's different about that seat.

I have one kid, six seats (five that DD fits), and three cars that seats are kept in. I've always had a legitimate reason to get each additional seat. When DD outgrew the bucket, we bought two Radians, and health insurance gave us a ComfortSport. The Radian was incompatible with SIL's car, so she got the CS. It wasn't a problem until after a year when the Radian became overreclined in my vehicle. So I bought a TrueFit and a Radian went in storage. When the Avenues went on clearance at Kmart, I snagged one up because DD is getting close to outgrowing the CS. If I had been thinking ahead, I would have bought two or three since we have a baby on the way, and three vehicles times two kids is six convertibles, plus it's nice to have a spare and not have to pull a seat out of a vehicle when you need an extra.

rodentranger

I currently have nine unexpired seats in my possession. At the moment, the CA and WZ are installed in my car, the XTSL, FR80 and GN are on the living room floor waiting for a destination, and the MAs are on the couch. One just got new clothes put on it and the other is waiting for it's new clothes to dry.
The KF30 is in the back of my car and the SR22 is on the front porch waiting to go back to the closet.
I rotate the seats all the time. I try to stick to at least similar seats so there's less misuse going on in mom's car and DH's car. They won't move harnesses or adjuast anything.:rolleyes:

Kobain's Mommy

I have one baby and 8 seats right now! To be fair I do have seats installed in 4 cars for him. Anyways... Right now our set up is SR32 in my car, CA in DH's truck, MA in dad's truck, and Titan in mom's car. I have for back ups 2 SS1s, a MR, and Titan. I do rotate seats in my car quite often just to get use out of them. Right now I carry his chunky butt in the bucket so I don't have to fight the fleece bunting and buckeling him in the cold. I can snap him in the base, turn on the car and scrape the snow/ice while it warms up.

lovemybabies924

dang i thought i had it bad and all my seats were under $100 :p

i have two 2007 sceneras in an ugly (to me) brown pattern..one my health insurance gave me for DS and the other we bought for DH's car but it now lives at my moms because she donated her scenera to a family in need. I also have a 2007 titan that is now gonna be DS's seat because im getting rid of my regent. i have my combi shuttle thats gonna be for baby that is due in a couple weeks. i have two evenflo big kid boosters in my van for my older two, and a back up backless for DH's car. and a pink scenera 40rf otw for a back up for baby..i think im set :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC