Help me choose a "mall" stroller

Eresh

I have two boys, DS1 is 2y10m and DS2 is 7wks. We have a Phil&Ted sport I love using around the neighborhood -- right now I use it as a single for DS1 and carry DS2, then when we're at the playground I can recline the seat and lay DS2 in it while DS1 plays. Unfortunately it's just too unwieldy to transport everywhere in the car and go into stores at the mall.

I also have a Baby Trend Sit'n'stand double stroller. I took it to the mall the other day and HATED it. I can't get to the basket. The front seat is way small for DS1 and it's hard to get him into/out of the rear seat. And the thing steers like an aircraft carrier and talk about too unwieldy to take into stores ... And I came to the realization that I don't actually need a double stroller for the mall. DS1 walks the majority of the time and when he wants a ride I can carry DS2 in my Pikkolo or Moby.

So anyhow ... I'm looking for a new stroller. DS2 will be the main rider but it needs to fit DS1 as well. Oh, and price point would be sub-$250
Requirements:
- reversible seat
- somewhat compact / easy fold (does not have to be super either, but can't be huge or difficult either)
- full recline or close to it
- tall enough seat to fit my 40" DS1, but does not have to have a high weight limit. He's only 30lbs.

Wants:
- large, accessible basket
- child tray
- parent tray

So strollers I'm looking at ..
- First Years Wave ($225 on stroller.com)
- Mia Moda Atmosferra (was $136, now $209, on amazon)
- Bumbleride Flyer (on CL $150-$200)
- Kolcraft Options 4 (on amazon $150)
- Kolcraft Options 3 (multiple $107)

Last edited:
ADS

Rosey

You might want to add the Graco Alano Flipit on your list. It looks like it might have everything you want, but I have never personally tried one. It gets good reviews and Graco baskets are massive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjed9pcP7ak"]YouTube - The Alano FlipIt Travel System from Graco[/ame]

poohbear

I'm assuming then that you're looking for single strollers then that you could add a hitchhiker type board to?

Check out the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Indigo-Stroller-Urban/dp/B002WB2GL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290390816&sr=8-1"]First Years Indigo [/ame]- it's $114 on Amazon.com right now.

The Alano flip it is awful IRL. The handle flips but not the seat. And only the front wheels swivel, so when you reverse the handle bar, the stroller is nearly impossible to steer. It was a good idea poorly executed...

Spam

I have a contours 3 wheeler and the tandem. My 40" ds1 has a long torso and his head is pretty far above the seatback and he's maxing out the weight. I don't have any problems with it, sometimes the fold sticks and it takes two hands to fold. I like the Indigo and Wave, but those weren't on the market when I bought mine three years ago.

I can take pics if you want with both boys in the 3 wheeler, but the tandem is in the truck w/ dh at work.

aprilbeanxo

i have the mia moda atmosphera and i LOVE it,it has everything you want/need.i have no complaints on it at all,and they also have great customer service!:thumbsup:

Eresh

Thanks for the feedback ... I've had a hard time finding anything concrete about the Kolcrafts, though I did see someone reference the small seat size. And they seem to be heavy compared to some of the others.

I didn't jump on Amazon's Mia Moda Atmosferra deal ($136!!) because of the large fold size and the weight ... and then was kicking myself later. I could have returned it if it didn't work for me =\

Anyhow, it's all kind of OBE now. I bought a Bumbleride Flyer off of CL. It's a 2008 but Bumbleride replaced the entire frame after one of the wheels had problems, so the frame is 2010 and doesn't have the problems the older ones had with steering. It's Ruby, which I adore, and in great condition. Came with the foot muff and car seat adapter, but not the snack tray =\. I haven't had a chance to test it out at the mall, but so far I'm thrilled.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC