Crud, we lost the "tubie pad" from our Frontier.

menfusse

Tubie pad=belly pad. The hole was so darn big when we got it, it just kept coming off everytime I got her in and out. Anybody else have that problem?

Well, we finally lost it and she's a mess. I'm sure it's laying in some parking lot somewhere. I'll order another, but I was wondering if anybody else had the problem and maybe they'd just replace it for free? Any ideas? We've had the seat less than a month.

ADS

jsmom

Yes, with my FR85 and BLVD70. With my older BLVD it was such a pain to get it off to clean and now it just falls off of these seats.

menfusse

Probably doesn't cost much, but it's the principle of the thing, lol. I'll give them a call Monday and see what they say.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Yes ours comes off all the time. I have found it on the ground numerous times. Mine is in the glove box now so I don't lose it.

petriescz

We lost out FR85 one as well. Never had a problem with the BV. My son finally got over it! If they'll send you one for free let us know. I'd love one too.

New grandma

I remember someone mentioning the same thing happening. They solved it by taking a few stitches on either side of the opening after it was placed on the crotch strap. Perhaps you could try that when you get a new one?

HEVY

Ours is always falling off, the few times we couldn't find it she freaked out, just had to have it, once we found it in the street a day later. I even sewn it so it would be tighter, and tested it, but after a few days it would fall off again. Lol, now she's extra careful when taking the harness off.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have one I'll send you, if you don't mind waiting until I get over whatever is making me feel like crap.

aeormsby

Ours was falling off too. I sewed the sides of the opening and it's small enough not that the only way to get it off is if you remove the buckle. I agree with it being annoying - we've never had any problems with any of our MA pads.

Kat_Momof3

I recommend getting some velcro dots and putting one on the crotch strap and one on the pad... on each side... that should help avoid the problem.

Holly

The belly pad on the RA50 kept coming off all the time, the buckle would slip right through it. I just took it off, I got sick of putting it back on and I didn't want the buckle to stretch out the hole.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Thanks for mentioning this so I know to look out for it once my Frontier arrives. I might need to put a few stitches in so we don't lose it. Already lost one MA belly pad in a snowy parking lot last year. :thumbsdown:

crunchierthanthou

does it not have an elastic loop? Our RA55 has an elastic loop behind the slit. I figured they would have incorporated it on all the new models.

msg221

I recommend getting some velcro dots and putting one on the crotch strap and one on the pad... on each side... that should help avoid the problem.

Thanks for this idea! The crotch buckle cover on my TFP doesn't stay on for anything! Now I will have to see if I am going to have the same problem with the FR85 that is on its way. So far I haven't had problems with the one on my MA70.

menfusse

No elastic thingy on the FR's, but thanks to njkj, we'll have one with elastic on it coming soon! They really should put that on all of them if they plan to have the hole that big.

I mean, I guess for a lot of people it's not an issue. I never used the one on the Regent because it didn't make a difference to A one way or the other then. But for E, it lays over her tube and keeps it from catching on the straps and stuff. So losing it has been awful. I took a wash cloth folded and placed it where the belly pad would be to cover her tube this morning to get her to school without a meltdown.

Anyway, in a few days, she'll have her pad back and all will be well. Thanks again Nikki!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC