went to a car seat check today

horseymom

The were impressed with my installs and asked what kind of seat they were. At first they told me the TF only went to 35 FF but I had to show them that they were wrong.:whistle:
OK, question. When the seinor tech grabbed my seats to see if they were tightly installed she grabbed from the top and bottom and seriously reefed on them hard. I almost had to tell he to take it easy :eek: I always pulled AT the belt path to see if they were tight, am I worng?

oh, and they had no isea what a lock off was LOL I had to show them

ADS

autumnlily

Sounds like the staff at the clinic need a Tech Update :rolleyes:

Honestly, if I didn't go out seeking these seats (TF, RN, Recaro, ect... the seats not readily available at most brick & mortars) - I'd be clueless too. That's why c-s.org is so great and taking online CEUs to learn about the "new technology".

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
35lbs FF? That's absurd. There hasn't been a seat under 40lbs FF for as long as I've had kids (15 years)... What was that tech thinking?

Oh, and 1" of movement at the beltpath at a maximum. Often times seats will move in other places, but we're looking for tightness at the beltpath. I can't even imagine what this tech does with a rear-facing seat?! You get a whole lot of movement at the top of those ;)

-N.

The were impressed with my installs and asked what kind of seat they were. At first they told me the TF only went to 35 FF but I had to show them that they were wrong.:whistle:
OK, question. When the seinor tech grabbed my seats to see if they were tightly installed she grabbed from the top and bottom and seriously reefed on them hard. I almost had to tell he to take it easy :eek: I always pulled AT the belt path to see if they were tight, am I worng?

oh, and they had no isea what a lock off was LOL I had to show them

selinajean

I can understand some people not knowing what lock-offs are if they aren't staying up to date on new seats and various brands other than the most common ones. BUT the parent should not have to explain to the tech what it is. Did they request to see your manual? RTFM, right? This goes for parents and techs. If you don't know, read.

And yes, you check for movement at the belt path not at the top of the seat.

horseymom

She was teaching a bunch of new techs too. The one said to me "I love Britax they are so sturdy" lol true but so is my TF! I almost chocked when they were reefing on the FR by the armrest! ack!

they didn't ask for manuals but I did give the one girl the TF one. I agree about them should knowing what a lock off is!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC