I hope we didn't make a big mistake today

Notaclue

Today my dd went with a friend from church to a party. It was really last minute (we had previous plans, so we didn't think we would be going to the party, but the mom said she would take dd for us if we would allow it) I let a friend with a new baby borrow our spare seat (a BV) so I was stuck. I took ds's Nautilus and installed it in the friend's van and I allowed dd to ride ff for the very first time. She looked SO tiny in the Nauti, but my friend buckled her in correctly and the seat was tethered. Now we will see what happens when I go to put her in her RA50 tomorrow morning when we go to take her to school. I'm really hoping she doesn't throw a huge fit about rf now that she has ridden ff.

ADS

Leighsah

Eh, my son is able to go back and forth and doesn't act like he even notices a difference......90% of the time he is RFing, but FF in our two-door car and in my mother's car (using an older Radian 65 that RF's to 35 lbs....and he is at 34 lbs naked, so we have to use it FF now). Hopefully your DD won't care either way.....

jaded

My son(30 months) rode forward facing in MIL's vehicle(she has a Nautilus) and he went right back to rearfacing just fine.

pepsicola

My 2 year old dosent seem to care which way she faces. In my husband's car she rides forward facing, but rear facing in the 3 other ones.

Just today she went out (ff) in my husbands car and then (rf) in my in-laws car a few hours later. Didn't care one bit.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would be much more concerned about a new baby in a Boulevard than I would a 3.7 year old forward facing ;)

Angela

I take daycare kids on average about once a month. Whenever they are with me (they are both 2) they ALWAYS ride rf, but were both switched to ff in parents cars at 1. I've never had a problem with either of them in my car. They calmly go in and ride perfectly. I wouldn't be too concerned.

AtTheSouthDam

Here's another, didn't have a problem flip flopping her. We began switching DD2 around at that age because she was actually terrified of FF. She was convinced she was going to fall to the floor. We started with short trips and later she would ask. We would turn her around for a day ot two and flip it back for longer trips or foul weather. Weeks could go by between FF in jaunts. She was fine with 4 years, then if she wanted to FF full time she could. She took it to heart and at 4 years was done.

Holly

My dd had been forward facing for 13 months when we turned her back around to RF at 2 years old. I was worried she'd freak but she never seemed to care one bit.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
DD rode FFing in the van for her preschool field trip & she's now FFing in my mother's car (33lb DC *cry*) and she has no problem being RFing in my vehicle.

Notaclue

I would be much more concerned about a new baby in a Boulevard than I would a 3.7 year old forward facing ;)

BTW the baby is 4 months old, but he's easily the size of a 6 month old. He had already outgrown his Maxi Cosi infant seat by weight, so I let the mom borrow the BV until she could afford another seat that would actually fit 3 across in her car. He actually fits quite well.

DD did fine this morning. She got right into her seat with no complaints. I was actually surprised!

andre149

Just another person popping in to say most kids don't care. P has been riding ff in her moms car since 1yo :mad: and she never has an issue going back to rf with us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC