New van PICTURES!

scatterbunny

Here they are--there's 8, so if anyone has trouble loading the page with so many pics, please let me know and I'll edit to remove them and just include one link to the album. ;)

NewVanFront.jpg

NewVanSide.jpg

NewVanAngle.jpg

NewVanAllSeats.jpg
NewVanAllSeatsfromFront.jpg

NewVanBoostersinThirdRow.jpg
NewVanSpaceBetweenBoosters.jpg

NewVanHuskyandHayley.jpg

ADS

scatterbunny

Thanks, everyone--I wish it wasn't raining, the rain is distorting the true color a bit. It IS dark green, but it's also kind of pearly. VERY pretty when it's freshly cleaned, but the drive home in the rain mixed with dirt has left it covered with little muddy droplets. :rolleyes:

Hehe--I've never cared so much in my life about how my vehicle looks. I'm going to be washing it all the time; I used to make fun of my neighbors who wash their cars once a week. :p

Hayley is getting HUGE! I have the recline bar installed, I may take that out and see if she fits a bit shorter in the seat. As it is, I think I need to move them up to the top slots. :(

arly1983

DH and I were trying to decide between a ford windstar and a chrystler town & coutry....we thought we had settled on a T & C but your windstar looks so nice!

scatterbunny

The T&C is a nice van, but I couldn't get past the Generation 3 seatbelts. :( I couldn't afford a Honda or Toyota minivan, and the Venture/Silhouette didn't impress me in crash testing, so the Windstar was it. It could use a few more built-in storage spots (drawers under the front seat(s) maybe), but that's a small complaint, I think. I really, really love it.

beeman

The van and the 1/2 ton look so nice together in the driveway (It shows I'm a Ford guy :D ). They make the little yellow toyota in the background look ugly. Nice choice of a vehicle!

Yoshi

Congratulations!!!! It looks so wonderful:) And Hayley is getting so tall. Drive safely and ENJOY!!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Jenny, it looks great! And all the seats in it - isn't that wonderful? :p And Hayley is getting big... FYI, early this evening when we were headed to my inlaws' for Easter dinner, we were right beside a Windstar just like yours at a redlight - same color, chrome trim, etc. Looked nice :D

scatterbunny

I see what you mean. Thanks.

I dont think i would want that as well. Thanks for the info never heard of it before.

Glad to be able to help a little! If I hadn't known about them, I probably would have leaned towards a GM van, too.

congrats, sounds like you made a great choice!! so you went with the newer one, right? did you talk the seller down any?

Actually, we went with the older one. We were looking at the 1999 green SE, and the 01 white LX. We did talk the seller down a hundred bucks. :p He was already selling below blue book and I felt like we got a pretty good deal. We got the guy to agree to show it to us in the county sheriff's department parking lot (my mom and I were alone, no guys, it just seemed like a nice, safe place), and we had a mechanic friend who lived a few blocks away. My mom grew up in that neighborhood and I was born there. Anyway, it was nice having the mechanic friend be able to look at it, and it being so close to the sheriff's department.

The van and the 1/2 ton look so nice together in the driveway (It shows I'm a Ford guy :D ). They make the little yellow toyota in the background look ugly. Nice choice of a vehicle!

:D I think that little yellow car is UGLY, too! :p

Jenny, it looks great! And all the seats in it - isn't that wonderful? :p And Hayley is getting big... FYI, early this evening when we were headed to my inlaws' for Easter dinner, we were right beside a Windstar just like yours at a redlight - same color, chrome trim, etc. Looked nice :D

Having all the seats in it is awesome! I am obsessed now with being able to fit three-across my third row, though. :eek: If I end up with a Starriser/Comfy or a Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster I might be able to do it with my friend's son's Touriva, or maybe with a Radian.

I've never seen a Windstar around here like mine, I love that! I've seen a bunch that are gold/tan and red and blue, but no green with chrome trim. :p

I wanted to order some rain guard things for my front windows today, but they are $80 apiece at the local parts store! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC