Any strollers for both indoor & outdoor?

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
Hi, I currently have a Dorel Eddie Bower Deluxe Travel System. This is a great stroller for the mall, with its parent's tray, child's tray, adjustable seat & roomy basket underneath; but is sucks:( on trails & greenway paths. Are there any strollers out there that have all the features listed above that is also built for outdoor use?
Thanks!
Michelle:D

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hi, I currently have a Dorel Eddie Bower Deluxe Travel System. This is a great stroller for the mall, with its parent's tray, child's tray, adjustable seat & roomy basket underneath; but is sucks:( on trails & greenway paths. Are there any strollers out there that have all the features listed above that is also built for outdoor use?
Thanks!
Michelle:D

Jeep Liberty?

Or buy a really really good stroller and some Carry You accessories to go on it? (I have a Mountain Buggy Urban with a Carry You Siena on the bar for Cheerios, and some little insulated cupholder thing on the top for me, or a BOB jogger console fits, too).

:)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Instep makes the Safari TT. It is a three wheel that you can swivel or lock the front wheel. It hold up to 50 lbs. Instep is made by Pacific Cycle, who also makes Schwinn. I have carried it in my store for 4 1/2 years now and like it. It runs about $130. They also make a Schwinn model.

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
Would a Britax Vigour work? I know it doesn't have all the features I am looking for but I love the fact that the seat is reversible.
Here is a description I read
Air-filled rear tires; locking front-swivel wheels for better steering on rough terrain; one-touch dual rear brakes
Plus if it would work are there in add-ons I could buy, like drink holder etc?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm with Julie--get a really good all-terrain (Mountain Buggy, Valco, Phil & Ted's, etc) and then buy a nice hang-bag and a universal cupholder for it. I wouldn't get an actual jogger for the mall--anything fixed wheel will drive you nuts.

-Nicole.

broken4u05

I want a phil & teds but i do not know if i could fit that and my other stroller in my trunk. Maybe if i cleaned it more often?
But to the poster i think if you really want something of outside a jogger is the best

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Would a Britax Vigour work? I know it doesn't have all the features I am looking for but I love the fact that the seat is reversible.
Here is a description I read .
Plus if it would work are there in add-ons I could buy, like drink holder etc?

That Vigour DOES look nice! I've been trying to find one to push and see how it pushes...and I do love a reversible seat, and it's cheaper than a bugaboo or rockstar and better than the Fisher Price bugaboo knockoff...but I can't find one! I have the Verve and find the quality to be fabulous, fold is good, pushes easily, turns on a dime, but you just never know from model to model if the quality is 'there', KWIM?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It is mainly because of the tire size with that one. You would end up digging in with the tires. I;m kinda a stroller collector....:confused:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It is mainly because of the tire size with that one. You would end up digging in with the tires. I;m kinda a stroller collector....:confused:

LOL, that's ok.. my house is filled with strollers...gotta have the right tool for the job, right? :whistle:

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If you're wanting to do some power walking on trails, a jogger or pram really is your best bet.

However, if you're just going on the occasional leisurely stroll, the Peg Perego Pliko might work well for you. We have one that we used all the time on cobbles in downtown Heidelberg, Germany. I still use it at the zoo, as well as at the mall. The newer ones even have cupholders for mom.

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
Thanks broken4u05 :D .
KWIM- know what i mean

Judi & Juli,
The Britax Vigour wouldn't work well on gravel, etc.
Would it work better than the Eddie Bower?
It is mainly because of the tire size with that one. You would end up digging in with the tires
I have kinda fallen for this stroller since it is reversible & purple:love: .
Like I said would would go with one of the others you mentioned, but I need it to be easy to use shopping as well.

Thanks UlrikeDG I will check that one out too.

P.S. The trail I normally walk has gravel, both fine & large as well as dirt.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks broken4u05 :D .
KWIM- know what i mean

Judi & Juli,

Would it work better than the Eddie Bower?

I have kinda fallen for this stroller since it is reversible & purple:love: .
Like I said would would go with one of the others you mentioned, but I need it to be easy to use shopping as well.

Thanks UlrikeDG I will check that one out too.

P.S. The trail I normally walk has gravel, both fine & large as well as dirt.

Oh yeah, it'd be better than the eddie bauer, totally. 12 inch air tires are pretty versatile for most walking purposes...having the smaller front wheels might make things a little more bumpy, but still not as bad as your current beast (uh...'convenience stroller'...it IS convenient for carrying loads of stuff, I can't argue with that! lol).

I have a 2004 mountain buggy in grape, so I feel that purple love.... :love:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Eddie Bauer is a Dorel product. I don't like most of their stollers. The three wheeler isn't too bad though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC