Just for fun - what was your first carseat?

luckyclov

Mine was a Graco SnugRide, Saratoga pattern, in 2002.

...followed by a gray Evenflo Triumph and a blue Graco convertible (maybe a ComfortSport...?).

I didn't lose control until 2004, after my first Britax - a Roundabout in Popsicle. From then to now, it's all a big haze. :p

Last edited:
ADS

mamom

Mine was the older Fisher Price convertible with the metal bars (for the life of me I can't remember the name) that I bought for my nephews

Angela

Graco Snugride 22 (2005) I don't remember the pattern name, but it was kind of a purple and black. Followed by 2 Evenflo Triumph 5's. One was a garage sale seat :doh: Then an Evenflo Bolero and 2 turbo boosters. Since then, I've had more than I can count. :whistle:

Cryssy Jane

ha ha CL special used Britax MA, DOM 2003, not sure on pattern... I mean it was ok because um britax bubble right? Good thing only the puppy used it knowing what I know now...

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Evenflo On My Way. Secondhand :eek:, from a friend of my mom's.

Adaminon-my-way2.jpg

That's 2.5MO DS on the right, and my cousin's 2-week-old DS on the left in his nearly matching On My Way. That's the only time that my DS was bigger than him. :p

mrswh

Mine was a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio. I didn't realize when I bought it (when I was pregnant), that it was for thin babies and that my DD (now a string bean) would be a fat, fat baby. My poor DD was always dripping with sweat when we took her out of it, and by 4 months she was too big for it and I could no longer lug it around anyway. We kept it for DS, had the same problem, and moved him at 4 months as well.

We have had a lot of trial and error with car seats! We tried to move DD into a Marathon at 4 months but she was too short and we couldn't get her harnessed snugly. Went with a roundabout instead, then tried a Boulevard when she outgrew the Roundabout. The crotch strap for the Blvd. was too short and she screamed each time (of the half dozen or so) we put her in. Went back to a Marathon (not the old one of course, had already sold that one!), and went through 3 or 4 of those because of various problems (airline broke one, next one wouldn't stay in upright position for FF, strap frayed, metal harness release was stuck in up position, etc.). It finally drove me insane with that ratcheting nonsense and now I am happy as a clam with my 4 FN85s. :thumbsup:

When I told DH that the FN85s would be the last car seats we'll ever purchase, he laughed in my face. I can't really blame him.

kittykate

The first seat we owned was an Evenflo Triumph V, but ds1 didn't fit in it until he was nearly a year old so he came home in an Evenflo Embrace.

MarathonMama

Graco Snugride (Bennett pattern, I believe). Used it for my DDs then sold it ... it's due to expire this December.

It was a 20lb one.

Last edited:

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
A Graco Snugride followed by a Cosco Alpha Omega, then a Britax Marathon and it just spiraled from there!

Here's my properly restrained newborn daughter getting ready for her very first car ride!

A9lGYWGGetXq9ttjQpdBlg

babyherder

I bought an Evenflo Chase for my babysitting kids. It got crashed last Jan I believe. But that's ok since my one little hit 40lbs at the end of the summer and my other little hit 40lbs somewhere in the winter. I don't babysit much during the school year so luckily the Chase wasn't needed and now the littles are 4 and 6 and ride in a vivo (not both at the same time!).

munchkin

The first one I bought with my money - Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe :thumbsup:. I loved that seat for the price.

MonkeySauce

An AOE. :doh: Which we didn't like, we used it for about a week and then went an got an Evenflo Embrace. We did use the AOE when she outgrew the bucket though. Still didn't like it but it worked.

skitle1802

A Cosco Alpha Omega in Aaron (blue velour, 2001), shortly after I bought it, I was gifted a Evenflo Discovery (blue plaid). Everything I had for the first 3 kids was navy blue! And you wonder why I like brown and pink so much now!

luckyclov

Awwww, I love seeing all the pictures of the sweet babies and seats! I'll have to go dig one up of my DS...and then be sad because he's turning 8 this week! *sniffle*

lil.miss32

First was a brown plaid Graco seat (snugride?) in '08. When he outgrew that, it was the Evenflo Symphony (because it's the only carseat I'll need, right? At least I picked the one that rearfaced the longest! :) ) He used that until Oct. 09 when I thought he was close to outgrowing it, and purchased the Radian XTSL. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC