SKR on plane

cashleigh

I'm getting the SKR 80 for a series of flights I'm taking.

Just wondering if anyone has actually installed the Radian on a plane? RF on a plane? I've heard some difficult stories about the Boulevard on planes(we have a blvd and I don't feel like lugging 2000 lbs through the airport).

We'll be getting the carry bag for the SKR.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I just got back (yesterday evening) from a plane trip. We didn't want to lug a Boulevard, Marathon, or Roundabout (the three seats from which we had to choose) on the plane either, so we bought (and brought) a Cosco Scenera. It worked out REALLY well. It installed beautifully in the rental car and was super-easy to lug through the airport.

There was a family using a Radian on the plane and it appeared to work well. But they were using it FF. I'm not sure a Radian will fit RF on a plane.

I would recommend a Scenera. It was great!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
FFing on a plane it's a dream. In in about 30 seconds, and that's if it's taking me a while. LOL

RFing I don't think it would fit very well in most planes. Hopefully someone has done it here and they can chime in better.

Wendy

Yoshi

I've never used it on a flight, but something to keep in mind, it is rather heavy, also, having steel in the frame- folding or not, even with a carry bag it is HEAVY. (at least for me:eek: )

cashleigh

alright...now I'm really thinking.

My first concern is dd's safety....I will lug along a heavy seat if I have to...though I'd like to try and avoid that.

Can anyone suggest a seat(other than the scenera...I know that other than the flights...I'll never use it again) that installs RF well, and is FAA approved...and that I can use afterwards as a car seat for grandma.

cashleigh

okay...I've just been searching target.com and walmart.com

I'm willing to spend no more than $130...the seat will probably be used less than 30 times.

I want dd rear facing on the plane.

Has anyone installed the Safety 1st Uptown or any of the Evenflo convertibles??

I thought I was sold on the SKR but if it won't rf easily.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC