Question Any pics of green or crimson City Mini?

Athena

Is the crimson close to true red? Brighter? Darker?

Is the green a light dull sage or a brighter light kelly green? I've seen it look like both on different sites.

Any opinions on which looks best with chocolate brown, pink, red accessories?

Thank you.

ADS

jnamommy

Our City Minis are green. It is definitely more of a light sage, but very nice. It is not so light that it gets dirty easily. I have been very happy with the way it looks after using it, and would order this color again.

Here an IRL pic, sorry it does not show the side, but it's all I have. You can see the color diff compared to the bright green on the Orange Julius cups ;)

Last edited:

Athena

Thanks. That does look nice, not too light, not too dark, and like it would go with everything. :thumbsup:

Now if I could just find out when the 2011 in that color will be shipping. The retailers either are not responding to my inquiries or don't know. :rolleyes:

poohbear

Crimson is a blue red if that helps. :) Supposedly from what I have heard from one retailer, the crimson 2011 will be shipping mid-October. Green is shipping in November...But with Baby Jogger, you never know (so I wouldn't trust that either)! You could try calling baby jogger directly. They may be able to tell you.
HTH! :)

Athena

Thanks. By blue red so you mean it is slightly towards purple (as in red + blue = purple) so maybe a deep maroon color? That is what I initially thought looking at pics online and I loved it. But then I saw some pics that looked quite different and I didn't like that color and wondered which it was. Have you seen it in person? Is it a deep color or washed out looking?

When I called to ask, the person at BJ told me it is a washed out red. Yuck. :( That description didn't appeal to me at all so I decided the green wins, but I don't want to wait longer. They won't tell me much of anything about ship dates.

poohbear

Thanks. By blue red so you mean it is slightly towards purple (as in red + blue = purple) so maybe a deep maroon color? That is what I initially thought looking at pics online and I loved it. But then I saw some pics that looked quite different and I didn't like that color and wondered which it was. Have you seen it in person? Is it a deep color or washed out looking?

When I called to ask, the person at BJ told me it is a washed out red. Yuck. :( That description didn't appeal to me at all so I decided the green wins, but I don't want to wait longer. They won't tell me much of anything about ship dates.

Sorry, didn't see this in time, but the crimson is definitely NOT a washed out red. It is pretty bright, IMO - almost a blood red (which sounds icky, but I actually like it, I'm just boring and went with black). By blue red I meant not orangey red. It's got a blueish undertone. It's definitely not muted :)
I think the green is very pretty. If you think of it, can you post pictures of the "upright strap"? I'm curious about it. I think I can picture how it would work based on my 2010, but I'd love to see it!

Athena

Sorry, didn't see this in time, but the crimson is definitely NOT a washed out red. It is pretty bright, IMO - almost a blood red (which sounds icky, but I actually like it, I'm just boring and went with black). By blue red I meant not orangey red. It's got a blueish undertone. It's definitely not muted :)
I think the green is very pretty.

Don't worry about it. It sounds like I would have been happy with either color. :)

If you think of it, can you post pictures of the "upright strap"? I'm curious about it. I think I can picture how it would work based on my 2010, but I'd love to see it!

Yes, will do as soon as I figure out what or where it is. :eek: I was wondering about it too, but I don't see anything that is obviously it and there is no mention in the manual so I'm planning to call BJ and ask them. I wouldn't call the seat truly upright, but it may be more so than it was before.

poohbear

Don't worry about it. It sounds like I would have been happy with either color. :)

Yes, will do as soon as I figure out what or where it is. :eek: I was wondering about it too, but I don't see anything that is obviously it and there is no mention in the manual so I'm planning to call BJ and ask them. I wouldn't call the seat truly upright, but it may be more so than it was before.

My guess is it would be somewhere up at the top by the recline strap - maybe two pieces of velcro - maybe by the two sides - I'm guessing it's where the fabric bunches together at the sides if that makes sense...

Did it come with the PE board in the seat already?

Athena

My guess is it would be somewhere up at the top by the recline strap - maybe two pieces of velcro - maybe by the two sides - I'm guessing it's where the fabric bunches together at the sides if that makes sense...

Did it come with the PE board in the seat already?

I do think I saw something like that, but I'll have to take a look. I wish their manual was better. We were busy today, but I was planning to call tomorrow so either way, I'll let you know by tomorrow night. I'm very curious about it myself.

It did come with the PE board in it. I like the support. We were out using it again today and we're very happy with it. My DD gets very excited exclaiming, "My Stroller!" I put a toddler size bundle me on it and she looks so cozy in there. :)

poohbear

I do think I saw something like that, but I'll have to take a look. I wish their manual was better. We were busy today, but I was planning to call tomorrow so either way, I'll let you know by tomorrow night. I'm very curious about it myself.

It did come with the PE board in it. I like the support. We were out using it again today and we're very happy with it. My DD gets very excited exclaiming, "My Stroller!" I put a toddler size bundle me on it and she looks so cozy in there. :)

The toddler bundle me lite fits like it was custom made! And there is even a slot for the pull handle. Crazy! Love it for that stroller. (Hate that you have to take off the canopy to put it on and take it off, but I can deal).
The back board does make a difference though)...

Athena

Found them! :) I called BJ CS to confirm too. Your description was right on! The upright straps are two straps that come from the back of the seat near the top and velcro around the frame to supposedly pull the seat a bit more upright. However, the difference appears to be so small, I can hardly tell when they're on. Plus, they wrap over the spot on the frame that works best to mount a cup holder. Overall, I like the stroller, but I am disappointed by that feature. I have pictures, but they are too large to load and my editing software isn't working. :( I'll try to get them on by tonight.

And I don't like how low the canopy is. While I had someone on the phone, I asked her to pass along the suggestion that they raise the canopy height because my 4 year old just fits under it with no growing room and I've heard that complaint a lot. She said she'd pass it on, but explained that it is lower because it is their lightweight stroller. I don't understand, why is that a reason? :confused: I explained to her that my 4 year old did fit our other strollers and they are lighter weight than this one. ;) Plus, she fits in their Micro. Maybe if other people tell them they want a taller canopy, they'll do it. Of course that'll be too late for me to enjoy it, but still, it's a good goal for other tall kids. :)

poohbear

Found them! :) I called BJ CS to confirm too. Your description was right on! The upright straps are two straps that come from the back of the seat near the top and velcro around the frame to supposedly pull the seat a bit more upright. However, the difference appears to be so small, I can hardly tell when they're on. Plus, they wrap over the spot on the frame that works best to mount a cup holder. Overall, I like the stroller, but I am disappointed by that feature. I have pictures, but they are too large to load and my editing software isn't working. :( I'll try to get them on by tonight.

And I don't like how low the canopy is. While I had someone on the phone, I asked her to pass along the suggestion that they raise the canopy height because my 4 year old just fits under it with no growing room and I've heard that complaint a lot. She said she'd pass it on, but explained that it is lower because it is their lightweight stroller. I don't understand, why is that a reason? :confused: I explained to her that my 4 year old did fit our other strollers and they are lighter weight than this one. ;) Plus, she fits in their Micro. Maybe if other people tell them they want a taller canopy, they'll do it. Of course that'll be too late for me to enjoy it, but still, it's a good goal for other tall kids. :)

Interesting - I was wondering how much the straps would actually do...
I would highly recommend getting the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-Stroller-Accessory-Buggy/dp/B000SMWUPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1287189149&sr=8-1-spell"]SK Buggy Buddy[/ame] as a cupholder. It won't interfere with your upright straps and it fits perfectly and works great!

The low canopy has long been a complaint. I think if you bunch up the fabric at the top, it provides more head clearance if that makes sense... There is more headroom in the Micro. Go figure.
It is a great stroller though - I think you'll like it :)

Athena

Here are the pictures as promised. I hope you can see it well enough and if not, I do have a few other pictures, but have a small limit for posting here. It is that black strap at the top of the seat that goes all the way across the back of the seat above the recline strap and the end is wrapped around the frame. Ignore the light gray/white strap below the recline strap; that is from the bundle me. (I had wondered if that could be helping to pull the seat a bit more upright, helping to explain why I don't notice much difference, but I don't think that elastic band has enough strength to do much.)

Thanks for the tip! I did get a buggy buddy and imagine I will use that a lot. I am really enjoying this stroller, even if I have a couple little complaints about it. :)

Last edited:

poohbear

Here are the pictures as promised. I hope you can see it well enough and if not, I do have a few other pictures, but have a small limit for posting here. It is that black strap at the top of the seat that goes all the way across the back of the seat above the recline strap and the end is wrapped around the frame. Ignore the light gray/white strap below the recline strap; that is from the bundle me. (I had wondered if that could be helping to pull the seat a bit more upright, helping to explain why I don't notice much difference, but I don't think that elastic band has enough strength to do much.)

Thanks for the tip! I did get a buggy buddy and imagine I will use that a lot. I am really enjoying this stroller, even if I have a couple little complaints about it. :)

Thanks for posting! That's so interesting! I feel like I could make that - LOL!
Yes, the buggy buddy rocks! I have a few of them ;)
We also got the bumper bar, but we got the stroller when DS was 11 mos. THe snack tray sits REALLY high. The bumper bar is adjustable and we just connect sippies and snacktraps with tethers...

poohbr2015

does anyone have any pictures of the city mini and elite with child (toddler) and snack tray? I am debating between the mini and the elite. I have a 2 1/2 year old who is pretty tall for his age, over 38 inches. I am looking for a stroller that he fits in well that will be easy to use on disney trips. I keep reading that the wheels on the elite don't fit through openings, but they don't look any wider than the mini or even a graco quattro which is what we have now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC