Convertible in a Mazda 3

atomic_poppy

Hi, newbie here. I have done searches and not found anything recent regarding this. My DS is 5 months old next week and is already maxing out his Snugride. I desperately need to buy him a convertible that RFs for as long as possible and FFs to a high limit as well. I was hoping to buy the MyRide 65 (the price fits our budget), but I'm not sure it will fit in my car.

Does anyone have any input on the MyRide or any other convertible for a Mazda 3? I would love to get a Britax, but it's not financially possible for us right now.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't think you're getting anything in a Britax that you can't find elsewhere, to be honest. I find that it's mostly just a name. For instance, the My Ride makes my top five recommended convertibles. No Britax does. The Britaxes are very easy to install and use, they're very comfortable. They have a lot of perks. However, they're shorter than everything I recommend, have lower top slots than 4/5 seats that I recommend, and are more expensive than all but one model of one type of seat I recommend.

Most convertibles fit very well where the infant seat went. They don't need to be as reclined as the infant seat was, so their front to back space is often equal to or less than the infant seat.

I'd look at the My Ride, the Learning Curve True Fits (unless he's maxing out the Snugride by weight), the Safety 1st Complete Air, the Sunshine Kids Radians, and the Evenflo Triumph 65.

Wendy

KDsmommy

I drive a Mazda 3, 5 door and have had no trouble fitting convertible seats RFing in that car. I have had in there RFing, a Boulevard, True Fit, and Uptown. All were easy to install in my car and fit just fine.

sunnymw

I didn't even have trouble fitting a RF radian back there ;)

mazda012.jpg

mazda011.jpg

Stephdeputy

I didn't even have trouble fitting a RF radian back there ;)

Do you have any leg room left for your front passenger? I really want a Radian for both my husband and I, but I couldn't begin to get this to fit in his Mazda 3 with any amount of legroom for him or his passenger. (I am new to the carseat stuff though, so I could have been way off base and the sales rep at Buy Buy Baby couldn't offer any help.) I'd be very glad to know that this can work before ordering something online and having to ship it back.

(I also had trouble with the older version of the Advocate, but had no problem with a new Marathon - I understand that both models have the same shell so I thought it was okay to compare for fit.)

Thanks!

skylinphoto

I have a Mazda3 4 door and I have no trouble getting a radian, britax RA50, Recaro Signo, Cosco Scenera, AOE, or a Myride in there (outboard positions, never tried any in the middle). Those are just the ones I own/tried. I'm sure you can fit just about anything RFing in there.

Me and hubby ARE short people, but eating the dash isnt safe so depsite being short our seats are never super close to the dash.

The Radian IS difficult for us. Not because of space, but the install (seatbelt or latch) takes a LOT of time to get it right. It's real tricky, at least for me. A RFing radian for this car would not be my first choice. It can work, but there are seats that install much easier.

I find that out of the ones I've tried, the RA50, Myride, and Signo fit the best.

I would go to a baby store like Babies R us and try out the Myride in your car. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC