safety 1st price reduction?

BeachMama86

Is it just me, or has the Safety 1st Complete Air undergone a major price reduction? If i remember correctly, it used to be $299, and now I'm seeing it for $179 in store???

Which changes everything AGAIN as I need to purchase a car seat in the near future. AND I NEED HELP!

Here's the deal - DD is FF in an EFTA. She is 3 years old, 35 pounds, and not exactly sure on height, but hear head is 1 inch over the shell in her EFTA. She is TALL.

DS is 7 months, RFing in a snugride.

SO. The plan was to give up ERFing DD cause of the HIGH cost of an ERFing seat. So we were all set in our minds to buy her a GN and pass the EFTA down to the ababy (LOVE the EFTA).

But now that I'm looking at the exact same price of $179 for either seat .... do I get a complete air and RF 3 yo DD again?? I'll have to put her in the seat in the store to see how much room she has above hear head, but if she has enough, not sure what I should do!

Any advice?

ADS

raider23

Since they came out with the Complete Air 65 (FF to 65lbs), the original Complete Airs have been on sale.

I just got a Harvest one (with an expiration date of Dec. 2018) with a coupon for $144.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep, another change is that it's not a Babies R Us exclusive any more-- they have to be competitive with Target etc. now on their base models.

Eresh

I put DS (~37" tall, 13" seated shoulder height) in a Complete Air at Target and he easily had inches to go in it. It's supposed to fit "Rear-Facing 5 - 40 lbs. and 19”– 40”" FWIW. And a quick Google Products search shows babyage.com has them seat for $141, no tax + free shipping. I very nearly got one for $120 at BRU (sale + 25% off trade-in event) but wasn't able to make it to the store in time =\

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
When it first came out it was $249...almost as bad as $299, but not quite... now the newest models at BRU are $179 (Clearance ones are $159), more in line with the Alpha Omegas, which they are, but without the base for easier recline or booster-useability.

mrdhollins

keep in mind that there are two models as well. one has the reclining feature (you can see the red handle at the bottom/front of the seat) and one does not. The one that reclines is pricier...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
keep in mind that there are two models as well. one has the reclining feature (you can see the red handle at the bottom/front of the seat) and one does not. The one that reclines is pricier...

Yes, the different trim levels have different prices. I bought my first CA from BRU for $120 (original price $249--on clearance for $159 and then I had a coupon) and replaced it with the CA O2, with the fancy cover and the recline feature. I must say, I LOVE the recline :thumbsup: There are 4 adjustments which makes it super easy to switch back and forth between my 14 mo and my 5 year old.

icnee

I would get the CA to rf your 3yo.

My 4y 10 mo would fit by hieght with shell above her head.

I was also told by Dorel that as long as the child fits Head not above the head rest in it's highest position He said it can be even with it. And 40lbs or less than they can still use it if their taotal hieght is more than 40"

He also told me the reason for they 40" is that they figuared if a child was 40" then theeir head would be at the top or their legs would be squished.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My 5 year old, who has outgrown the Radian RF by height, is RF'ing in the Complete Air. She's 43" and while she's got a long torso, her legs are by no means squished ;) It would be a very, very rare 40" that would have a torso so long the head would be even with the top of the shell.

icnee

My 5 year old, who has outgrown the Radian RF by height, is RF'ing in the Complete Air. She's 43" and while she's got a long torso, her legs are by no means squished ;) It would be a very, very rare 40" that would have a torso so long the head would be even with the top of the shell.

My thoughts too, I dont see any kid being squished in it or reaching the top before 40lbs, but that is what their reasoning was for the 40"rule.

My DD2 is about 43" and wants rf in the ca but she is now 42lbs:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC