Please check my install + a few questions

ToothDoc

Well, I got the Radian XTSL for DD and she LOVES it! :love: I was worried if it would be compatible in DH's car, but it actually installed very easily and solidly. I did not try a seatbelt install because the LATCH was so easy, and it should get her RFing to the weight limit of the seat. She is on the 3rd harness slots and middle crotch slot. (Currently just turned 2, 34" and 27.5 lbs, not sure on torso.) Car is a 2003 Audi A6... here are the pics:
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/ToothDoc/Radian Pics/
A few questions:
1. Does the tether look okay? It's wrapped around the seat track. If I move the seat the tether moves, but I'm fine just leaving the front seat where it is.
2. The seat is currenly braced against the front passenger seat. The passenger seatback actually is slightly wedged underneath the back of the carseat. It does decrease the carseat recline slightly, but it doesn't lift the base up at all. Is this okay? It makes the Radian a bit more upright and also gives me a couple more inches of leg room. The car does have front and side airbags, but I don't think they're advanced airbags.
3. Does the angle look okay?

Thanks for looking!

Karen

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A 2003 doesn't have advanced airbags, so bracing is fine. It looks great. I'm impressed you were able to tether it. Audis are not known for being easy to tether in.

Wendy

ToothDoc

Thanks, Wendy. Yeah, we had a blvd tethered that way before, so I figured it would work out okay. I'm glad the bracing is okay. I'm very happy with how much leg room she has now compared with the blvd.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC