New Britax seats up

ADS

Chila88

Thanks for the head up!

Did the old Marathon have Side Impact Protection? I was reading the product descriptions and noticed the Marathon65 has it....is that new? Is it because the new shell is deeper and comes up around the head more?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yes, the old MA had side impact protection, and yes, the new seats are being referred to as the "blank" 65 (insert name of old model, then add a 65 after it)

Our shelves at work are so empty with nearly all the Britax seats gone. We had had 7 display models of Britax infant/child seats, and now only have 1 lonely model - the onyx MA, left in stock.

snowbird25ca

And can I just say that if the new Britax seats also come in with a minimum ff'ing weight limit of 20 lbs, I REALLY want to bang my head against the wall. Do they really hate the new 22lb minimum that much and are figuring they'll maintain an edge on their competition for a few months by staying at 20lbs?

I'll say one thing, it seriously undermines the efforts of advocates who are aware of the new legislation and know that there is limited time for seats to be changed - I don't understand why they'd want to bring in all the seats only to have to re-label and re-do the manual in 3 months? :hitselfonhead:

canadiangie

And can I just say that if the new Britax seats also come in with a minimum ff'ing weight limit of 20 lbs, I REALLY want to bang my head against the wall. Do they really hate the new 22lb minimum that much and are figuring they'll maintain an edge on their competition for a few months by staying at 20lbs?

I'll say one thing, it seriously undermines the efforts of advocates who are aware of the new legislation and know that there is limited time for seats to be changed - I don't understand why they'd want to bring in all the seats only to have to re-label and re-do the manual in 3 months? :hitselfonhead:

Maybe it's just a website error. We can hope.

Chila88

Our BRU (in SK) has nothing left on the shelves either....it seemed sooooo empty with no Britax seats around. I actually went to look at the MR and they didn't even have any of those either...not sure why! Do you work at BRU? Can I ask you, when new seats come out, like the Britax ones are about to, will you get a seat faster by preordering online? Or is it better to just wait until they hit the shelves? Do you risk not getting the pattern you want if you wait to get it in store? Or is there usually a large inventory available?

Yes, the old MA had side impact protection, and yes, the new seats are being referred to as the "blank" 65 (insert name of old model, then add a 65 after it)

Our shelves at work are so empty with nearly all the Britax seats gone. We had had 7 display models of Britax infant/child seats, and now only have 1 lonely model - the onyx MA, left in stock.

snowbird25ca

Maybe it's just a website error. We can hope.

I have only a small thread of hope because the Britax.ca website says the same thing - 20lbs min ff'ing. I didn't think companies would come in with a 20lb min ff'ing for just a few months with the expense involved of changing stickers and manuals, but apparently I was wrong and Graco just was a leader of the pack with the My Ride. :shrug-shoulders:

Our BRU (in SK) has nothing left on the shelves either....it seemed sooooo empty with no Britax seats around. I actually went to look at the MR and they didn't even have any of those either...not sure why! Do you work at BRU? Can I ask you, when new seats come out, like the Britax ones are about to, will you get a seat faster by preordering online? Or is it better to just wait until they hit the shelves? Do you risk not getting the pattern you want if you wait to get it in store? Or is there usually a large inventory available?

It depends on your store and what pattern you want. I never thought to write the #'s down and bring them to work with me, but if I had I would've been able to tell which will be regular stock and which will be special order. If it's a special order pattern, then you'll end up having to order it anyways. If it's regular stock, it's hard to say - our store has the Triumph 65 on the shelf and people are buying them (only 3 left out of 7 and I just put the display out last night,) but I know Featherhead hasn't received her pre-ordered one yet.

If your store isn't a high volume store, then I'd do the advanced order because when it comes to the Britax seats, how many different patterns are available vary based on sales. Our store is one of the highest in Canada, so we get a larger selection than one of the lower volume stores would, and we often get a greater quantity shipped to us at the beginning than a lower volume store would.

So long story short? I'd probably just preorder it. It guarantees you get the cover you want without potentially having to wait for a special order.

snowbird25ca

So, if you put in a bogus DOM, the new user guides are up. It is a 20lb min ff'ing limit. At least for the Marathon 65 - I'm not going to download all of them right now...

Great big giant huge :thumbsdown: for Britax on this one.

(And that's being mild in my statement. My Dh just had to listen to me rant about it - companies figure that a 20lb min ff'ing limit for 3 months or whatever is going to give them a competitive edge? Apparently Britax and Evenflo are duking it out over who gets to have the only seats left with a 20lb min ff'ing so parents can rush to turn their kids around 2lbs sooner. :rollingeyes: )

equilibrium

Anyone know TRU return policy?

ETA that there is a thread open for the discussion on the Britax manual for the discussion on the weight limit 20 lb ff issue :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC