Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: radian on bus

Carseat Crazy

radian on bus

how difficult is it to install a RF radian on a bus, not a school bus but a tour bus, we are going on 3 tours with our base within the next month the soonest one is a week away. I was just going to use her bucket since she still fits in it, but somehow the straps mildewed even the the seat was just in her closet and I keep the doors of the closet open. She has to be in a seat on the bus and I can't just go buy another seat because they don't have good options available. Im freaking out since if I remember correctly they are just lapbelts but i can't remember if they are airplane type buckles or if they are retractable.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Re: radian on bus

Do tour buses have seat belts?
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

They have belts? Most have nothing. I don't think I've ever been on a charter bus with seatbelts.

If they have lap belts they'd very very very likely be either ALR or locking latchplates.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Carseat Crazy

ours do, they are japanese buses so its alittle different than the states but they do have belts and its mandatory that she is in a car seat, although they don't care if she is rear-facing or forward-facing

6. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

This totally out of left field but have you asked if they might have a BSC? If they require you to have her in a carseat it would make sense that they provide you with the tools to install a seat correctly...

Laura - Mama to ~ David - 12/28/06 Graco HBB Henry - 12/28/06 Graco HBB Nolan - 2/16/08 Graco HBB Amelia - 9/23/11 FF in a FR85

we just returned for the middle east where there were many Asian Brand mini Busses and the like, the ones I was on most often had airplane style lapbelts. The best and easiest Radian install I ever did was FF in a TATA mini bus!

You should have no problem installing either, but the Radian RF may only fit in the first row and in my experience there is ZERO adult foot room in the front. So you may end up with a very uncomfortable ride. I would probably go with the bucket as they are a much easier install with a lap only belt.

BethAnn

Canadian CPST, Mommy to ,
    E 12 5 Steps!
    N 7 Monteray, Prkway & Clek