best way to travel with CCO on plane?

rachelandtyke

Just got tickets for the kids and me to take a trip to see my parents. DD does not need a car seat on the plane as we have one at my parents house. This is the first trip alone with the 2 kids and a carseat on the plane. I plan to take the CCO for DS. In the past when I have been alone, we've used the Blvd on a GoGoKidz. That is still an option, but I figure the CCO is so light and compact, that it would be much easier. But I don't think it attaches to the older GoGoKidz. So just wondering what others have done flying with a CCO. I do not travel with a stroller, so can't stick it on there. I usually have a backpack diaper bag to take on and/or a tote, but no carry on suitcase. Any suggestions?

ADS

rachelandtyke

Anyone seen one of the CCO travel bags IRL? Wondering if it would be handy or is just a gimmick . . .

Can you grab a lightweight cheapie umbrella for the trip?

Oooohhh, that reminds me I have an old peg perego umbrella stroller in the storage room waiting for the next BRU trade in, I could give that a try.

Kmart and Walmart have cheap luggage carts. It should attach nicely to one and only cost about $15.

Thanks, I used to have a luggage cart but it could lost at some point, anew one would be a worthwhile investment with all the traveling we do anyway, will look into that, too.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you plan to travel with it a LOT there's the Coccoro Flash stroller frame, too. I hear the travel bag should be VERY handy as well. Just depends on what you prefer, car seat transport wise!

rachelandtyke

If you plan to travel with it a LOT there's the Coccoro Flash stroller frame, too. I hear the travel bag should be VERY handy as well. Just depends on what you prefer, car seat transport wise!

I forgot about the Flash, I do want to get it if we get pg again as my snugride is expiring and I got the CCO to replace it with plans to get the Flash. Wonder if I can convince DH to go for it now . . . The travel bag does look handy as it is definitely an easy way to get it on the plane as the others are only good at getting it to the gate. (I've travelled a lot on my own and it seems rarely anyone offers to help . . .)

oxeye

I have the Flash stroller frame which is awesome for travel. I've used it through airports and then it was great to have on vacation when DS would fall asleep in the car and I didn't want to wake him up by taking him out of the carseat. That happened a lot since his napping was thrown off by traveling anyway. I got good at reinstalling the seat with the baby sound asleep in it, LOL.

I've also just carried it through the airport one-handed which was fine in my small airport, but wasn't so fun at our destination since it is a much bigger airport (Sea-Tac).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC