ISO: Ring Sling

Jonah Baby

I'll do it! I'll try the ring sling!
Now I just need to find one...

Every sling I've found on DiaperSwappers FS is REALLY hideous or really expensive.

Anyone want to get rid of a nice looking (or plain/solid color) one for a decent price?

I love trades!
Interested in trades? I got lots of stuffs!
Moby, SR32 cover, RNXTSL pads, bunch of Medela pump parts and bottles, Adiri nursers, Dr. Brown's bottles, nursing tank, Boppy...ask about things and I'll dig something up! Or, I can MAKE you something...

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you sew, why not make your own? The Maya Wrap website has free instructions. It would probably be way cheaper to buy some fabric and order a couple of rings. :)

Hey
I have a maya wrap medium size ring sling, it is in good shape PM me and i will try and get pictures, and you can make me a offer, we dont use it anymore since my little one is just to heavy to carry in it anymore!

TerisBoys

:yeahthat: to all of the above.

Super duper simple to make, and that way you can choose the fabric that suits you.

This is the "pattern" I used to use - http://www.mayawrap.com/n_sewsling.php

I've made several by machine, and even did one by hand on a road trip (machine puked, and I wanted a "fancy" sling for a family reunion we were headed to)

emandbri

Yes, do make one. When you choose fabric make sure it doesn't have an up and down. I didn't think about that when I made one and ended up with upside down animals on my back! lol

canadiangie

I got my rings in the boating section at a local store (Canadian Tire). Not sure what would be equivelant to Canadian Tire in the US... but yeah, the boating supply section is where I got mine. No idea what they're actually for but they are large and silver in colour and work perfectly for a ring sling. And they were about $3 each. The fabric I got was from the remnants section. I didn't even use a pattern. It's really that easy OP. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC