No smoking in the Maestro

aeormsby

We were checking out carseats at Target this afternoon (of course). And I sat DD in the Maestro. She liked the cup holders on the armrests and the said something like 'you can't smoke in this carseat' I'm like OK :confused: And then she pointed out the 'no smoking' symbol in the cup holder. So for those young smokers - the cup holder on the Maestro is not to be used as an ashtray :rolleyes:

ADS

momma2kda

We were checking out carseats at Target this afternoon (of course). And I sat DD in the Maestro. She liked the cup holders on the armrests and the said something like 'you can't smoke in this carseat' I'm like OK :confused: And then she pointed out the 'no smoking' symbol in the cup holder. So for those young smokers - the cup holder on the Maestro is not to be used as an ashtray :rolleyes:

Is it bad that now i want to go look? I have the urge to go jump in the car and make a two hour drive just to see.

Jennifer mom to my 7

:ROTFLMAO:

Okay, you have no idea, but this just made my day:p

cookie123

It just goes to show you that the world is going to h e double hockey sticks when you have to put that on a child restraint.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I saw the Maestro in person for the first time yesterday, and I only glanced at the cupholders since I had 2 screeching kids in the aisle with me, so I thought the symbol was not to put hot drinks in the cupholders. I thought that was weird enough (I was imagining a 4 year old with a Dunkin' Donuts coffee), but I didn't realize it was the no smoking symbol!

babyherder

You mean I can't use the Maestro cup holders as ash trays????? I'm so getting a different seat!

Um, seriously? I know the top slots are tall but are they really tall enough for anyone that's old enough to smoke

Wiggles

Maybe it's meant to be a subtle jab at parents not to smoke int he car with children? I'm pretty sure smoking in the car with children is illegal in Ontario.

Irishmama

I would guess that, somewhere, someone used their child's cupholder as an ashtray.

Don't you wish you could have been on the phone with Evenflo CS for that phone call! "Hello, I have a complaint about your product, the cupholders make lousy ash trays. Perhaps you could make cupholders that don't melt?" LOL. What do you say to that, ywim? I wonder if there will be a recall...:p

djma

Don't you wish you could have been on the phone with Evenflo CS for that phone call! "Hello, I have a complaint about your product, the cupholders make lousy ash trays. Perhaps you could make cupholders that don't melt?" LOL. What do you say to that, ywim? I wonder if there will be a recall...:p

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I saw a picture in the armrests just yesterday, and it was a no hot beverages sign, not a no smoking sign.

Which made me pause at that as well, but my daughter drinks warm vanilla milk and hot cocoa a lot, so it's very possible that a child old enough to be in the Maestro would have a hot drink from Starbucks.

Wendy

aeormsby

I saw a picture in the armrests just yesterday, and it was a no hot beverages sign, not a no smoking sign.

Which made me pause at that as well, but my daughter drinks warm vanilla milk and hot cocoa a lot, so it's very possible that a child old enough to be in the Maestro would have a hot drink from Starbucks.

Wendy

Was it? I was trying to hold on to DS as DD was sitting there. That's better than no smoking, but still kind of strange.

christineka

I can see how it could be mistaken as a cigarette. It is a giant cigarette with heat waves coming out the end.

It's definitely supposed to be no hot drinks, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC