Harness fraying/fuzzing?

tracee877

I got a 2006 Radian from a member here. I just noticed some fuzzing/possible fraying on the harness. The fuzzing can be seen on the right side of the strap and this is also happening on the other strap as well. There is also a spot where it looks like it is beginning to fray possibly on the left side of the strap about an inch above my thumb in the pic. You can see what looks like 2 little threads coming loose with a sort of split in the middle? Is this something I should be concerned about? Or is this normal?

004_1279566759.jpg

005_1279566761.jpg

ADS

Maggie

My seats all look way more fuzzy than that. (I wouldn't call that fraying at all, a teeny bit fuzzy, but not fraying). I'd use it without a second thought.

This is what I consider a fray. If it starts to look like that, then I'd stop using it. But the little bit of fuzz you have is nothing I'd be worried about.

tracee877

Thanks everyone! Just wanted to make sure.:) Also, is it correct that the older Radians can't have the straps replaced?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You can't replace the straps, but you can get the wider buckle tongs and longer crotch strap buckle. I've been using those most of the time on my 2006 RN and the fraying is a little less, the longer buckle makes it easier to buckle bigger kids, too.

tracee877

You can't replace the straps, but you can get the wider buckle tongs and longer crotch strap buckle. I've been using those most of the time on my 2006 RN and the fraying is a little less, the longer buckle makes it easier to buckle bigger kids, too.

Yep, it has those and the new chest clip. The straps are also a bit stained, I forgot you couldn't replace them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC