Solarveil ring sling -- anyone know what they go for?

BrookeSLP

The Baby Wearer website search function is down. I want to put my solarveil ring sling up for sale, but have no clue what they are going for. If you have sold one or seen one for sale recently, can you fill me in?

TIA!

ADS

amyd

Solarveil is no longer being manufactured and is very hard to find so it actually might go for more than you might think. I've purchased SV very cheaply, but I think that is not the case anymore. I don't know exactly what you should ask, though. Search is supposed to be up sometime tonight, I think.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It depends on if yours is single or double value and if it's a recognised brand or DYI, etc. And since it's 'in season', it can be worth more now than say, in the winter :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I bought one last year on Swap here for $30; single layer, white, nylon rings, Medium, and from a WAHM. I bought one new on eBay the year before for $45; $5 discount on each because I bought one for my friend too; colors were green and khaki, single layer, extra long, metal rings, from a WAHM.

So, I'd say it depends on size, brand, etc. but you could reasonably expect to get at LEAST $40 not including shipping for it if it's a single layer and gently used. Possibly considerably more. :)

BrookeSLP

It depends on if yours is single or double value and if it's a recognised brand or DYI, etc. And since it's 'in season', it can be worth more now than say, in the winter :)

I bought one last year on Swap here for $30; single layer, white, nylon rings, Medium, and from a WAHM. I bought one new on eBay the year before for $45; $5 discount on each because I bought one for my friend too; colors were green and khaki, single layer, extra long, metal rings, from a WAHM.

So, I'd say it depends on size, brand, etc. but you could reasonably expect to get at LEAST $40 not including shipping for it if it's a single layer and gently used. Possibly considerably more. :)

That helps! I hadn't though about the single vs. double layer. It is a Sleeping Baby Productions, so a recognizable brand. Blue with blue aluminum rings. Can't remember at all what I paid for it, so I am really at a loss on how to price it.

Here Judi, let me see if this works

IMG_0328.jpg

BrookeSLP

Looks like the pic worked. I just never got the hang of ring slings, I should have bought a pouch instead when I got it. It has been sitting in a closet for a 3 years. I got it out last summer and tried, but gave up and put it back. I am a ring sling failure :p

BrookeSLP

Saw some on ebay for $60.00, that seems excessive to me. Will probably start at $40.00 shipped and see how it goes. Thanks everyone!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC