Question will a britax chaperone fit...

ChattyCat

in the 2nd row (captain chair) of a 2004 honda odyssey?

I'm due with number 3 later this year. Right now, my 4yo and 6yo are in Frontiers in the 2nd row, but I plan to move them to the 3rd row (I have tether anchors installed for all 3rd row positions). I want to remove the passenger 2nd row chair (to make the school carpool line easier), and put the noob behind the driver in the 2nd row. I'm pretty short. We had a Companion for the first year or so for the now 4yo kid, and I really liked the seat. There's nowhere near me to try a Chaperone, so I'm looking to order online (probably elitecarseats).

Has anyone had experience installing this seat in this model/year car? I don't want to shell out the cash, if it's not going to work. Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I just put one in a Honda Civic and VW Jetta this week, so I would imagine it should fit. It wouldn't fit well behind a front seat, though, it was in the middle.

Wendy

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I have a chaperone installed on the captain's chair of my Town and Country. Not the same van, but I would be very surprised if the chaperone didn't fit in your odyssey.

Grant Walsh

Hi Wendy,

I have been researching the Britax Chaperone a fair bit for compatibility with my 2007 4 door Honda Civic. Can you verify that it does indeed fit?

Also, I called Britax and they told me regrading the 20% overhand of the base the chaperone does not follow those same guidlines as they are only guidlines. She said the chaperone can go up to 30% over the seat because of teh quality of the seat, can you tell me if this is true?

Thank you very much and you have a world of knowledge on this site, it really helps.

Grant

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
The problem that I have with the Chaperone is not so much the overhang, but that the front seat has to be moved pretty far forward for the seat to fit.
I haven't tried it in a Civic, just my Town & Country.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC