OI / Brittle Bone Disease

canadiangie

I wonder if Steph is selling her TWE? just a thought.

I would rf for as long as possible, in a seat that offers rebound management, and re-evaluate down the road. Who knows what kind of seats we will have by then.

What a fighter you have, btw! Total miracle. :love:

ADS

finn

I just wanted to say that the Multi Tech doesn't have to be braced & it does have good leg room. My 3.5 year old is 37 lbs & 41 inches and he still has lots of leg room, he cant put his legs out straight in front of him anymore unless they are further up the seat, but he also doesn't have to cross them either. My radian is arriving next month, I can take come comparison pics for you of you like.

We also have a freeway which is an older version of the highway, its a really nice seat, ds still fits in it with a little bit of room to spare, it has a better recline than the Multi tech an takes up less room.

I also wanted to say that I have a maxi cosi and love it :) You can use it until their head is inline with the top of the shell, which makes it last longer. My 80th percentile daycare boy outgrew it at 15 months.

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Really? Good to know. I don't get to play with manuals a lot (most parents don't have theirs...) so I don't get to read them as often as I'd like. ;)

Jennifer mom to my 7

Really? Good to know. I don't get to play with manuals a lot (most parents don't have theirs...) so I don't get to read them as often as I'd like. ;)

Yup! I have read that section of the manual several times, and I think it was the third time that I actually realized that the clicks were only in the latch install section, not the seatbelt section. But, besides that, it is actually a pretty good seatback position for leg room.

IMG_4956_4.jpg

bp2002

If the doc is concerned about femurs and such.. i'd think that body casts and spica type casts maybe a possibility.. I am very NOT up to date with swedish seats.. but would a britax hippo be an idea for a while (considering he is 2.5 months old.. by the time he outgrows a hippo, i'd hope some new seats are on the market..)...

the hippo should work even with casts.. and has different padding / support options. Also, since he is still fitting in his infant seat, you have some time to maybe get health insurance to pay for it?

just a thought since i cant imagine such casts working with an evenflo seat.. tho I have had kids with spica casts in radians.. i believe the hippo would be easier in that situtation..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC