I rescused a seat from 1995

nevaehsmommy

It was an over head shield with very soft green padding and black mold growing on the harness.

What amazed me

1)The harness weight was 43 # I found that weird
2) It had the CHAD stickers still on it (date of childs birth was in 1994)
3) has a sticker from the fire dept.
4)still had the original stickers and locking clip

Any way Nevaeh and her friend kyrah had fun taking the hammer and putting holes in the seat. I let them practice there scissor skill on the harness and padding. I was really surprised at how hard it was to break down the seat.

Oh and the seat was just sitting on the corner with a free sign. Kyrahs mom who is not into car seat but goes along with me to rescue freecycle and craigslist seats saw it on the curb. She said that she saw it and drove off. Turned around and got it bc after listening to me rant and rave about bad use would feel horrible wondering if some one grabbed it and went on to use it.

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Was it an Evenflo Ultara?? For some reason, I'm thinking it had a 43# limit, but I can't swear to it. I had two for my kids. I loved that seat.

TerisBoys

Evenflo and Cosco convertibles both had a 43# weight limit in the early-mid 90's.

By 1996 when I was buying convertibles the weight had dropped to 40#.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Based on this review it looks like that is what she found. Looks very soft.

That's what I had for two of my kids. I loved that seat. Easy to install. Tall harness IIRC. Sturdy. Other then the OHS (which I loved at the time!), it really was a great seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC