Any other babywearers? What do you have in your stash?....

emandbri

I've always had slings and now I found wraps and I'm totaly in love! I have a size 7 didy Katja, a size 7 didy indio nature, a 2.2 amsterdam hopp, and I'm waiting on a 5.2 kiwi girasol but I already think I won't like it and might sell it.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I have a Didymos in the dark blue Indio that I got while we were still in Germany. I recently started using it again after watching some videos on YouTube. There's definitely a learning curve on wraps, and I hate that it drags on the ground when you put it on. When you're in a slushy, muddy parking lot, it's not a recipe for happy baby (or preschooler) wearing.

I have a Maya Pouch which I keep in my purse for "emergencies". That was Nadia's favorite sling when she was a newborn, and it's nice and compact. My favorite has always been the Maya Wrap, which I used at the zoo over a year ago and haven't seen since. I actually have two of them (I loved the first one so much I bought a spare to keep in the car), and I can't find either of them.

I don't love my Baby Trekker, and none of my kids have loved it, either. I also still have my original NoJo sling, which I got before Roman was born. It sucks. ;-) However, Hubby did find it simple to use.

super_grape

I have a Moby D that was used for the baby when she was small, I think it's the perfect carrier for a tiny baby!
Now I use the Ergo when I need her on my back and the Hotsling I keep in my diaper bag to use when I'm out and she dosen't want to be in the stroller.

I've also had a Bjorn and have an Ellaroo that I don't use ...

southpawboston

DW swears by her sutemi. she also has a maya wrap which in my opinion is a $45 dollar piece of fabric that was overpriced by about $43. ;)

we also have an older bjorn that was handed down to us, which served us pretty well, but now both DDs have outgrown it.

i personally don't like soft packs, so i wear a backpack-- evenflo snugli cross country (internal frame pack), which DD2 LOVES (DD1 never liked it). she sleeps for an hour at a time in that thing. it's also amazingly comfortable on my back for over an hour at a time:

babyant_1937_103738363

Dillipop

I have a maya wrap that I love! I got it for $10 on craigslist and after using one I made myself, would have gladly paid $45 for it. The fabric is very forgiving and it's just worth it to me. I also have a wrap I bought off a mom that she made. It's not the best sewing or anything, but it works and was cheap and I didn't have to make it. It really helps with my hunk of baby to distribute his weight.

We have a kelty frame carrier for hiking that both DH and I like. It was really helpful a few times in the airport, too.

I am going to try my hand at making a mei tei in the next few weeks. They look so comfy and easy to use. I just have to pump myself up to do it.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Baby Bjorn: love it!

Ergo Carrier: love it! Nolan wasn't crazy about it when I had him on my back b/c he couldn't see much.

Maya Wrap: okay but Nolan hated it. I think it was too confining? Was only happy if I used it so he could sit on my hip.

New Native Carrier (2): don't like the non-adjustable feature of it. (sold them)

Over The Shoulder Baby Holder: too much padding to get it snug - always felt like I was going to dump Nolan out!

Backpack carrier: something cheap - Baby Trek, maybe? We bought this b/c it fit my back/hips better than the expensive ones.

Would love to try a Didymos or Mei Tai (sp?)! Anyone have any recommendations for a carrier on the back that would allow a baby/toddler to see over my shoulders (in the event we adopt a baby)? I'd also like an alternative to the Baby Bjorn but similar design - it was awful on my back/shoulders even though I really loved it otherwise.

Aprilmom

Cuddley wrap-loved this when DD was small

New Native twill pouch-loved this with a foster baby 2 yrs ago when he was 8 months until about 20 months; doesn't feel comfy with DD (she's 10 months)

Fleece pouch-currently use the most, love it for the hip carry and its easy to store and use

Baby Trekker-DD not crazy about it, previous foster son loved it!

Padded WAHM ring sling- too much fabric so we don't use it ($5 at a garage sale so no loss)

Asolo Backpack- will probably get more use this summer

Infantino 5 in 1-never been used

Fisherprice carrier/sling-never been used

Danielle

The only things I have found that I like are my frame backpack and the mei tei I made last summer. It took a little time (ok, a lot) to get it made, but now I don't think it would be a huge issue to make another one. I love it, it's completely versatile. One of my favorite things about it is when you are wearing baby on your tummy and you bend over the tie around the front keeps the baby in place...you know how you always have to hold the baby in a snugli when you "move"...you don't have to do that with a mei tei. I found home-made directions on a website a while back, if someone wants them I can try to find them again.

Hazelnut

You could do a high back carry with a mei tai. I love my babyhawk mei tais, and my peanut shell and hotslings pouches and rockin' baby slings. I get really stuck on certain brands. I also love my ergo and beco, but have yet to try a wrap! I have Paul sitting here waiting to try for #3 in Sept. Seems complicated though. :eek:

LEAW

2 maya wraps - one fun pattern, one boring solid that dh uses
moby
homemade knit wrap
lovewrap - woven wool blend?
linen wrap, homemade
wahm gauze wrap
kkafp
kkacp
wahm mei tai
2 blanketless mei tais
ergo

want more! i'm addicted :)

oh and i have a suze's kinder coat too

arly1983

Snugli Soft Carrier (horrible sold it after one week)

Baby Bjorn (Pretty good but not for extended periods of time)

Ergo Carrier(New-so far I love it)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
2 ring slings, one Maya-style shoulder, one pleated shoulder
1 MT, not a name-brand, just a WAHM one.
a Maya adjustable pouch
a frontpack style carrier
a homemade wrap
Couple homemade pouches.

DD has 1 pretty momma ring sling and 1 me-made MT

she's 2. And has a stash. heehee

Starlight

Senior Community Member
We've got a few. :D

Baby Bjorn (I used it for ds1 and a little for ds2, but now, I'm passing it on.)
Maya Wrap
Mei Tai
Hotsling (My fav. fabric, but a pita to carry a 20 lb baby)
Ellaroo Ring Sling

We use the Mei Tai almost exclusively, but I have emergency carriers in each car... never know when you might need one.

I like the Maya Wrap so much that I'm going to become a distributor. :D

And I'm considering making my own mei tai's. I'm just not sure if my town can handle it just yet.

didymama

Didymos ultramarine 9, hemp indio 7
mae mei tei intercangable panels which i made LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
ring sling i made with chili peppers on it
wallypop RS
gypsymama stretch in pheonix-love it
wolf MT-dh's
several others that are quite neglected

in total i have bought/made about 50-yeah-i'm a junky

Splash

I only have a single new native pouch that I use fairly frequently. I wanted to wear Charlie a lot as an infant, but his skin problems made that impossible. Now that he is older and it's more under control, it's comfortable for him (it would have hurt him as a baby, though I did occasionally put him in the pouch).
I have a padded ring sling somewhere... I'm neutral on it. Now that he's bigger I might dig it out again and give it a shot, if I can find it... if I still have it!
I intend to make a wrap for him eventually. Make= 5 yards of unserged fabric. So, basically, I intend to buy a sheet and tie my baby to my back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC