What would you use?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
We are leaving for Las Vegas next week and it will be about a 18 hour drive. My oldest two will be sitting in the third row of my MDX which has 3 row side curtain airbags. It is two seats back there so neither one is really close to the side of the vehicle. I have a BV and a DC for my 2 year old who has to sit ff since he is 35lbs. My question is do you think it is a big advantage to have him in the BV over the DC? He sleeps better in the DC because his head tends to slump forward and around the wings in the BV so he ends up sleeping with his head dangling forward. In the DC he just leans his head to the side and sleeps like that. So I realized I should just put him in the DC for the trip so he can sleep more comfortably since he will be sleeping for over half the drive. But then I have this nagging feeling inside that is telling me I should use the seat with SIP since we have it. Please help me decide if the BV is that much better in this situation or if the DC will be fine. I need reassuarance! :p Thanks!!

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
(I am is LV...lol...not that it matters) Anyways, I would feel jsut as comfortable using the DC. Especially if he is more comfortable in it ( a less fussy baby is always good while traveling). While the DC doesnt have TSIP, it does have good SIP with the nice deep wings. HTH:)

trailrunnermom

I think DC is Decathlon? I would feel good about using any of the Britax seats in an MDX, so if he sleeps better in the DC, then for such a long trip, that sounds like the way to go. Also, the MDX is a very safe vehicle!

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Thanks girls! I really needed someone else to say "it's ok!" about using the DC which you both did! Thanks again and the DC it is! Now does Griff ride in the BV or his infant seat?!? Haha JK I think about carseats wayyy too much it isn't healthy!

Amber~ Where are you in Vegas? We used to live there and want to move back sooo bad!! We lived in the Summerlin area and are renting a house there for the week we'll be there. So if you see a Silver MDX with orange Oregon plates and an Orange Longhorns sticker on the back window next week give me a wave!! :p

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Jenny~ Thanks girl! If *you* would feel comfortable using it then I definitly feel okay with it! :p

lynsgirl

Just saying ditto to all the others about using the DC. Especially since you're in a vehicle with side curtain airbags. And no sweat about obsessing lol! When I was going to get ds3 a convertible, I was so torn about getting a MA or a BV. Then I decided to get a MA and spent a minute or two beating myself up over it hehe. But it's all good :D. He's in an awfully safe vehicle already, so I'm ok, which is how I'd feel w/your situation, as well. Have a great trip!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC