Alpha Omega Elite - removing the cover?!

nglauser

I was just given an Alpha Omega Elite carseat, manufactured in 2005, so I have one year left to use it, correct? Either way, I am having a heck of a time getting the cover off to wash - any suggestions?!
Thanks muchly! :eek:)

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You have to take the base off. There are about 5,000 elastic loops holding it on.

My dcbaby has this seat in his mom's car... he pooped out of his diaper one morning and I offered to take the seat, disassemble it, wash the cover, reassemble and help reinstall. Wow, did I regret that. I think it took me half an hour to get the cover off, what with the base, the headrest, etc.

It's a bear, but it can be done. Figuring out how to get the base off, and actually removing it, turned out to be the trick in my case.

Hope that helps. :)

mommycat

The AOEs have an 8 year lifespan, so it should be good to end of Dec 2013. Check the back of the shell, it should have lettering stamped onto the back saying "Do not use after December 20XX".

When you re-asseble the seat, make sure to route the harness through correctly. It needs to go OVER the metal bar but UNDER the plastic bar, and it needs to go BETWEEN the shell and the recline foot, and the adjuster strap needs to be... I want to say between the shell and the harness webbing going from hip to hip under the shell.... and the straps need to go in from a certain direction on the buckle pieces, I think from the hips in from the bottom of the buckles and out the top to the shoulders, but I am not positive.... Also, it matters which way you re-insert the metal bar on the base as one end is rounded and the other is flat, keeping it in place better... It would be best if you had the manual out and followed the pictures and instructions carefully - it's awfully easy to misroute that harness!!! :twocents:

I

Illiah

Removing the cover from the Safety First Alpha Omega carseat

This took me an hour to find and a minute to figure out. I LOVE eHOW!

http://www.ehow.com/how_7563427_remove-omega-elite-car-seat.html

1. put the car seat in its fully reclined position
2. push the tab on the bottom right of the seat base
3. push the metal rod on the left side all the way through to the right. i used a ball point pen, since this was hard to do with just your fingers
4. pull the recline bar until the seat lifts off the base.

Ta da!!!!

K

Kelly S

Illiah, we are pulling our hair out looking for a tab or button or anything on the right side of the car seat for step 2! Can you post a picture or description of what we should be looking for?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Illiah, we are pulling our hair out looking for a tab or button or anything on the right side of the car seat for step 2! Can you post a picture or description of what we should be looking for?

Unless you are using a seat that is several years old, the base is not removable, unfortunately :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC