Britax Boulevard or Graco MyRide in my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe?

R

Ryan's Momma

Hi all!

Looking to switch 25 lb. 1 yo DS to a convertible seat from our Graco Snugride 32. For some reason, I'm stuck on this idea of side impact protection, and have narrowed my search from the pricey Britax Boulevard to the less-splashy Graco MyRide 65. We went to BRU this weekend and put both in the back middle where I'd be placing the seat, but couldn't really properly install both to get the full feel for it.

Pros for the Britax are--well, it's a Britax. The fabric is nice, the seat seems ultra cushy for DS, it seems like it would take up less room in our car when RFing and the side impact protection seems like it would be extremely effective. Cons are that it seems to be really high up in my car.

The Graco is much roomier--DS looked like he was sitting in a little throne in there! I like that it rear-faces to 40 pounds (compared to the Boulevard's 35), but it juts out pretty far in that position, farther than the Snugride 32 does (we have it in the middle seat, and it brushes up against the driver's seat). I love the pricetag and the cupholders, and the height of it when it's forward-facing, but don't love the fabric--seems like it could get hot on DS's legs, although I suppose that's what AC is for.

I'm torn. It's a big decision and I want to do what's safest for my son. Which would you choose?

ADS

montanamama

If you can get a good insall I would go for the MR. I have both Britax seats and MR. We got the MR as an exta seat for my almost 2 year old and she loves the MR. She loves it so much at the Britax has become our extra seat and she rides in the MR fulltime. One thing check how it fits forward facing to there are some people who are having problems with it fitting in the car ff. For me it dosen't matter if it fits ff because for the price I can buy a Graco Nati after she outgrows the MR RF and still spend the same amout as a Britax!

Twinklefae

I would go with the MyRide - remember that for an older child you don't need to have it at 45* - it can be as upright as 30*.

I can get DS's Truefit in the backseat of my Dad's Sante Fe with tons of space behind it, so I can't imagine that the MR wouldn't fit.

mommie

The MR doesnt seem as sturdy as the BLVD. I was at BRU yesterday and pushed in on the sides of the MR and they were very flexible. Much more than I would like. I had the BLVD and loved it.

jjordan

For a small child, a Britax can work well, but since your boy is already 25# I would go for the MyRide for him (if you can get a good install, as others have said). You might want to try the forward facing install too, even though it will be years before you have to turn it forward facing, because some people have found that the MyRide is incompatible with their cars when FF. Even if that's the case, it might be a good seat for you, but you might as well know going in whether or not you'll be able to use it forward facing.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Between those two, I'd probably choose the MyRide (more leg room, higher RF weight limit), but I don't like either of them much for forward-facing, so...

mish

I haven't really messed with the myride much, but I don't really like it. No flames please!! My niece has the blvd and I love it. That being said, don't buy the blvd just because it is Britax. They are not the only company that makes good car seats. In fact, they are rather behind the trends lately.

Stacy

My MIL has an '09 Santa Fe (same) and a MR installed passenger outboard. I'm tall and it just barely fits behind that seat so that I'm still comfortable up front. We have never tried it in the center (and there isn't LATCH in the center btw). DD is very comfy in it and it was very easy to install with LATCH. A downside to it's SIP is that the rear a/c can't get around it. We have to blast the a/c from the front to reach her. We have not tried it FF in that car yet. I bought one for my Accord but it didn't fit, plus I *hated* it FF so I took it back. As a RF seat the MR is a good pick overall.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC