No RF on United??

mommycat

Mummy2summer - I didn't realize when replying to your post before that you have two kids. I wanted to say I think that would make me even more convinced that a seat for the 4 month old is a good idea. If you want ideas for how to transport two car seats through the airport, let us know. I'm thinking Snap N Go with the infant seat (used as luggage cart) with baby in Ergo-type carrier and then the other car seat connected to a roll-on with the Traveling Toddler (or similar). It would be a pain, but so worth it for the extra dose of sanity during the following 14 hours!
:yeahthat: I traveled with two kids and was so thankful to have them asleep comfortably in their own, familiar seats for the majority of the long flight. It was worth any additional hassle. The only lesson I came away with was to bring LESS carry-on.

ADS
U

Unregistered

I flew with United with my 7 month old in his RF infant seat in November. We flew from Europe and had 1 international leg and 1 domestic leg. No one said anything to us about the car seat. Even when one of the passengers in front of my son made a stink to us and the attendants about not being able to recline because of the infant seat :( The attendant just tried to help them move but didn't say a word to us. I actually thought they were friendly about him being in a car seat. Oh and our car seat is European so if they had wanted to they probably could have taken it away since it isn't FAA approved (or even tested for airplane use). Those reps on the phone were pretty clueless when I called to ask about it in advance though.

Last edited by a moderator:

AverysMom

In case anyone is interested, I finally got the reply from the FAA. I am going to include a copy of the letter at the end of the e-mail.

I am still waiting for a reply from United. I have been in contact with one of the managers in charge of flight attendants. A couple of weeks ago, she e-mailed me to ask for a summary of what happened during my flight. Apparently, the FA was telling her he simply asked me to move my carseat from a middle seat to the window seat, but that he had allowed me to install it RFing. Unbelievable! I am still waiting for some kind of official apology from United, but I'm not holding my breath. We have another flight coming up in September, and although it will be more expensive and less convenient, I think we're going to fly another airline.

(Having trouble attaching the letter - baby is up and needs to be fed, so I'll be back later).

mum2two

It occured to me yesterday that a friend of mine, who has FOUR newborns, probably has made her summer holiday reservations from Tokyo to LAX on United. Oh man. I almost don't want to give her one more thing to be stressed out about.

I pity the FA who messes with a woman with 4 newborns!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC