Did I get a good deal on this? (BJCM)

CommMom

Senior Community Member
We went to BRU this morning to get a Cookie Monster and a new potty seat.

They had some clearance stuff sitting out and of course I had to look through. I saw this orange/grey single BJCM that was still in the box marked for $160. I had a 20% off, so that brought it to something like $128 plus tax. I'm pretty sure it was a return of an online item since our store doesn't carry those. When I got it home and opened it, the wheels don't look like they've ever been used and all of the packaging appeared to be in place/attached.

So I got a good deal, right? Even if I decide later that I don't like it, I should be able to pretty much get my money back out of it? :scratcheshead:

I'd been looking for a stroller to replace our MetroLite for a while. I hadn't looked at the Baby Joggers cause I really wanted something with a bigger basket. I'd pretty much decided that I wanted a Joovy Groove, but those are so darn expensive! So I'd put off buying something and we mostly manage with our Combi Flare (which I also don't like, but got at more than half off the sticker price). But DS is getting heavy enough now that the Combi is even more of a nightmare to maneuver, so I may have to replace that with a different umbrella as well.

But that's a totally different question...I just want to know from the stroller pros if I got a good deal. :)

ADS

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Awesome! Thanks!

I'm glad I went ahead and got it then! I figured I could at least return it to the store if you "in the know" folks said it wasn't a good deal. Guess I don't need to return it! :D

poohbear

Oh yeah you did! I got mine for about $150 from diapers.com using pricematching, coupons and bing and I thought that was a steal! Plus, brus usually excludes baby jogger, so that's awesome that you were able to use the 20% off coupon. PP is right - you'll be able to sell it for more! Totally keep it. You'll love it - it's a great stroller.
BTW - Our brus actually carries the orange and grey one...

Last edited:

CommMom

Senior Community Member
... brus usually excludes baby jogger, so that's awesome that you were able to use the 20% off coupon...

It occurred to me after I got it home that they usually exclude the Baby Jogger stuff. I didn't even think to look at the coupon at the time, so I don't know if it was one that didn't have the exclusion or if the cashier just didn't catch it or if it was something else (my reciept just says "Clearance" rather than the product name).

I've never seen Baby Jogger anything in our store. Mostly we just get the "normal" brands...Graco, Baby Trend, Combi, Mac, etc. We got a couple of different things lately though, but still no Baby Jogger. I'm excited that I got a good deal! I hope I love this stroller as much as everybody here does! :thumbsup:

poohbear

It occurred to me after I got it home that they usually exclude the Baby Jogger stuff. I didn't even think to look at the coupon at the time, so I don't know if it was one that didn't have the exclusion or if the cashier just didn't catch it or if it was something else (my reciept just says "Clearance" rather than the product name). :

I'll bet the "clearance" is why it accepted the coupon. Whoo hoo! :thumbsup:

I've never seen Baby Jogger anything in our store. Mostly we just get the "normal" brands...Graco, Baby Trend, Combi, Mac, etc. We got a couple of different things lately though, but still no Baby Jogger. I'm excited that I got a good deal! I hope I love this stroller as much as everybody here does! :thumbsup:
I'll bet you will. If not, you can sell it for more than you paid on CL! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC