Help me choose between 2 options

HappyMommy

These are the 2 options for after baby outgrows the infant seat, please help me choose 1:

Option 1: Get a radian as the main/everyday seat and an Avenue for travel (I find the radian way too heavy for travel);

Option 2 Get the CCO and use it as a main seat and as a travel seat. When baby outgrows CCO RF, get the radian and keep CCO as back up/travel seat or potentially for next baby.

Option 1 probably makes more financial sense, but option 2 might make my life easier b/c the CCO would take less room front to back which is nice, plus would be nicer to travel with than the Avenue (no pool noodles needed, built-in lock offs instead of locking clip...etc). Also, I might be able to get a good deal on the radian if I can wait until new models come out next year.

What do you think?
Thanks!

ADS

dmpmercury

I would go with option 1 since it sounds like the coccoro doesn't last long rear facing. You might not get much use after a baby outgrows and infant seat. I wouldn't want to put a young toddler foward facing for travel. You can use diapers.com to price match and get 10% off if you are a first time customer so you might be able to find a good deal without waiting a long time.

libranbutterfly

What infant seat is baby outgrowing? How long would you like this seat to last? If you are ok with buying another seat in about a year, then a coccoro may be a good use, especially since you are planning for more littles in the future. If you want this seat to last until baby if ready for a booster, I'd probably go on and get the radian and an avenue.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Some infant seats will last almost as long as the Coccoro, though some significantly less time. It would be helpful to know what infant seat, and whether the child is small or tall for her age, and whether torso is long or short for her size, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC