help with expiration dates

Mami_Kathy

I'm looking at my convertible seat to check for the expiration date but it's not so clear. I bought it in March or April 03'. Other carseats I've seen will say don't use after "insert date" but this what mine has: it's etched in the bottom, it has a 03 (which could be the manufactured year) then it's follow by a dial with twelve numbers (assuming is the month) with the arrow pointing at 3 and the next thing (the one that puzzles me) is a two digit number which look like a 10 but the 1 is upside down (or it could be a 01 that they put it totally backward). So assuming it's 03 - dial pointing at 3 - 10 I can interpreted it two ways one: 03' March 10 being completely the manufactured date or two: 03' March 10' being the manufactured year at the left (03') and the expiration one at the right (10'). Or assuming it's 03 - dial pointing at 3 - 01 the only way to interpreted is 03' March 01 being only the manufactured date. If it's the first (03'-10') that means that they're giving a life span of 7 yrs. If the latter is the case (03' March 01), I've read 6 yrs is the usual life span of a carseat, so would my expiration date be 09' March 01'?

Hope someone can help me out :p

ADS

Mami_Kathy

Sorry:p ! You guys might have to grab a piece of paper and a pencil and while reading my explanation write down so you could get a picture of what I see.

The seat is a convertible Cosco Eddie Bauer.

LuvBug

did you find an area where it says 'do not use...'? and that is what it said? Try taking the entire cover off lol! There should either be an area embossed that says 'do not use...' or a sticker on it with the model and serial and DOM. Does it still have its base on it? It might be under that, between the base and seat, or it might be on the base.

Mami_Kathy

I look everywhere and that's all I can find. The 03 and the 10 (or 01) are etched, the dial is embossed, it doesn't have any phrases or words around, and there's no sticker either, it doesn't even have the serial # anywhere.

arly1983

Our old Eddie bauer seat, there was a do not use after.. under the cushion/foam under the cover. Where the childs bottom would be.

arly1983

Really old seats. They were purchased in '98 for my nephews to use when they were with me. One has it under the cusion. The other is embossed on the back of the seat. If I were you I might would call cosco, they could at least tell you what the dial with numbers and all mean.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC