car seats for preemies

cookie123

I was thinking I'd update the preemie car seat list at work, and I googled choosing a preemie car seat. We should have something here for parents because what came up is a lot of misinformation.

The car-seat.org page comes up on a search for just choosing a car seat. The page is lengthy, and overwhelming and so much doesn't pertain to preemies/small infant.

Is that possible?

ADS

soygurl

That's a really good idea! I concur! :p

Either a special info page could be added, or even a sticky thread would come up in a google search right?

Jennifer mom to my 7

THere is a post from months ago (heck, maybe a year) that Ann (catfeet) started that put together a list of seats that fit preemies well. I will see if I can find it.

cookie123

Thanks for moving my thread. I didn't mean to post it there. I forgot what I was doing!

Now when I google it, that link doesn't come up. I'll google at work again tonight, because I don't find it on the site. But I've had the grandkids today and didn't have much time. Catch you all later:)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Google varies a lot from computer to computer, as it takes preferences from your history and other factors that may change when you switch machines. Also be sure to use the forum Google search bar near the top to limit it to Car-Seat.Org searches.

I suspect it could be something that might be turned into an article by someone, if the OP doesn't want to maintain it.

cookie123

Ok. I finally found the specific one I was referring to and it was not on this site, it was on car-safety.org. My mistake, I misread. Anyway, back to googling buying a preemie car seat, it would be good to have a guide for newborns/preemies, that would come up when googled.

ALso, this thread now comes up when I googled. I didn't click on it so I don't know if it was just the title post.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Which page is it? Some of the car-safety.org pages are being revised at the moment. If you have suggestions, please do!

cookie123

Jennifer, Thanks for the links. I don't recall seeing that Safe Ride News document before.

I was thinking though that when you google shopping for a car seat for a preemie or preemie car seat or whatever, we don't have anything that comes up. Most of what I looked at on the searches state to look for a 3 point harness, with a harness height of 10 inches - such as this one.

http://www.parents.com/baby/safety/car/8-car-seat-essentials-for-preemies/

Actually, why doesn't the safe ride news thing come up, I wonder? Is that their new list for 2010?

Jennifer mom to my 7

I actaully think Ann did the saferide news article (that is why she was collecting the data).

It came up when I searched earlier, that is how I found it. But, it also came up on the bottom of the second page of a google search for preemie car seats. ANd one of the earlier threads on here came up, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC