need 2 Graco Nautilus Mariposa seats/covers

littoyaya

Hi everyone,

The Graco Nautilus Mariposa seat is being discontinued and replaced with another model/color. Babies R Us was the only one in the US carrying it and they do not have it anymore.

I would like to ask for your help in finding:

- either 2 Graco Nautilus Mariposa seats

- or 2 Mariposa complete set of seat covers (I would then buy another model and use the Mariposa covers)

I would also like to know if the Graco Nautilus Mariposa being sold in Canada is the same as in the States. Here is a link to the Sears catalog in Canada:

http://www.sears.ca/product/graco-nautilus-mariposa-print-multi-stage-car-seat/32275110

I would really appreciate any help in finding the Mariposa seats or covers before they are all really gone. I have already lost a long time waiting after being told things by Graco and Babies R Us that were not true (that it's coming in at a later date, that it's not being discontinued), and I would like to get the model of our choice since it is the last car seat we are buying for our kids.

I am currently in Europe and am limited in purchasing... Therefore, I was looking online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ADS

littoyaya

Just an update, so no one goes through extra trouble... or in case anyone wants to know...

The Nautilus in Canada is indeed different (and the one in England too btw).

Graco does still sell the Mariposa cover, 37 bucks plus shipping and tax which should be around 10 more dollars, according to other posts.

I am going to try and hope they do really have them!

(and thank you for moving the post to the right section, I couldn't figure that out)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I hope they replace it with another girly cover as that's the only girly cover we have in Canada! DD will be irked if we go to get her one in 6 months and there isn't a girly one anymore.

And yes, the Canadian Nautilus is different than the U.S. model. At minimum it has an extra piece of absorbing foam behind the head. That may be the only difference structurally (but not necessarily). As well, the Canadian FF harness limit is 65# because CMVSS does not allow a higher harnessed weight at this time (the limits may be different for special needs seats),

In the UK, the Nautilus only harnesses to 40#. I am not sure if there are any structural differences in the seats.

littoyaya

This is the exact info Graco (US) gave me:
"Unfortunately, the Mariposa pattern has been discontinued. It is no longer available for purchased. It is being replaced by the Julia pattern which should be available in May."

I checked Sears Canada and the Mariposa seat is available, which makes me wonder if it's only being discontinued in the States. No idea. I hope they keep the girly ones for you guys! There are quite a few cute ones in the US line.

I ordered 2 sets of covers from Graco and the seat pads were missing from both. They insist they are receiving them by the end of the month, and i hope this is true. I am assuming that if the Mariposa is still available in Canada, then they would still have extra car seat covers to fill orders. I will be really upset if I have incomplete car seat covers! I had them talk to someone higher up to confirm if the extra pieces were really coming in, based on the fact that I was told the Mariposa seat was being discontinued in the US.

Anyways, there are more important things in life, but I want the cover of my choice (and my daughter even requested "pink" and "butterflies" without ever seeing the Mariposa cover! It's a surprise!)... It is hopefully the last car seat we are purchasing for our 2 girls.

littoyaya

Ok, so it seems that Graco did receive the missing seat pads and have sent them off, so I should have 2 complete seat cover sets soon! I also wrote Babies R Us so that they know the Mariposa print is being discontinued. I lost alot of time waiting for the seat to come in, and I called several times. Hopefully nobody else will have to go through that if they want that seat.

I´m excited about the seat covers. We have very girly girls and my hubby and I loved the Mariposa print the best, and it goes well with our car interior. Graco has nice girl seat covers without looking bubblegum pink and tacky. Well, that was my update!

mommycat

Here's the Julia print. I can't say that I like it. :thumbsdown: I did really like the Mariposa, it was girly and pink and pretty in a very subtle way. This one is too busy for me, or maybe too geometric. And it makes me think of little phone handles or beans or something. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC