sister needs help writing a school paper.

nevaehsmommy

my sister for her university english class has to write an article in favor of a subject. SHE has choosen to talk about rear facing part one year. her class is two hundred student so this is awesome imho. each student will have to present. OH it is an online class as well and the paper has to be at least two pages but not more them four pages. what are your favorite rear facing links.

ADS

BrendansMommy

Putting on my professor hat for a moment--tell her to ask if that many web sources are allowed. Lots of times, web sources are limited, which may make this subject difficult for her. It would be an awesome topic, though.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Putting on my professor hat for a moment--tell her to ask if that many web sources are allowed. Lots of times, web sources are limited, which may make this subject difficult for her. It would be an awesome topic, though.

That's a really good idea to consider what the professor might require for the resources for the paper. :thumbsup: I think that the links should still provide plenty of valid resources, though, because while a lot of information about rear-facing is accessible via the web, they aren't all necessarily web sources. The resources above include links to articles and abstracts, some in peer reviewed journals, that simply have the content available on the web. They are still typically available in print format, so it's pretty easy to get a print citation, if a professor doesn't want web links included in the reference section.

I do think it might be a little difficult to find a book source, if that's required by the professor, though I've seen the suggestion on this forum to look for books about the space program. It was the way that astronauts traveled that prompted the design of the first rear-facing carseat; Volvo printed a history of rear-facing car seats in this pamphlet about children in cars which is where I remember first seeing that interesting fact.

Mom2FiveGirls

I wrote a paper on making car seat laws more strict (rear facing to at least 2, requiring harnesses until 4 or 40 lbs, boosters until age 10, etc). A good portion of my paper was on RFing and I thought I still had the links saved, but I don't. I've still got the paper saved with my sources on it, so I'll check that and post which ones I used. That paper is what caused me to stumble upon this site and become all "car seat crazy" :) Of course presenting it was....interesting. It was a argumentative paper presentation so all the topics were something that could cause debates, but mine was, by far, the most heated topic. That shocked me and the teacher, but hopefully it got people to thinking. And one guy asked me some questions after class and during my presentation when things got crazy, he told everyone to hush because he planned on having kids one day and wanted to hear what I was saying. So maybe someone got something out of it. If nothing else, I sure did and my girls are safer because of it! :) Anyway, I don't have my keys with my flash drive on it, but I'll post the list of sites soon.

nevaehsmommy

Yeah we anticpated this being the case. Looking at the rubric it says the same thing. But I figure that any good rear facing article will have a paper trail of actuall articles.

She orginally wanted to do a paper about 5 pt harness vs 3 pt but really not to many car seats have just the three point harness anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC