Baby trend infant seat

dmpmercury

I really liked how this seat fits in my car and how easy it is to access the middle seat with it behind the driver side. Are they decent seats? I don't see them mentioned or reccomended here much. The ones at BRU have a 30 pound limit right? Is the shell height about the same as the snugrides. How long will it last an average baby? When baby outgrows it I will put my dd in a foward facing seat. I never did the bucket thing before but I think this time for ease of access for buckling I will. My dh actually agreed to it suprisingly.

Also for an another important question is metropolitan to girly for a potential boy. http://www.babytrend.com/car_seats_flex-loc/CS31950.html

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It isn't a bad seat. Remember the handle must be down in the car. I think they have improved in the last few years. That is a cute pattern! The pink makes in a little girly though.

dhardawa

I had the Latch-Loc for Max and loved it. I specifically bought that one because of the rigid LATCH. (I don't think they even make it anymore.) It was a great seat that fit him fine and I'd have no problems recommending it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
As long as you're doing a LATCH install it should be fine. A seatbelt install on one of those makes me want to cry.

Wendy

dmpmercury

Actually I was going to do a install without the base with a seatbelt. Is that going to be a problem? The two acceptable down handle positions for the baby trend don't get in the way much in my vehicle. There was a lot more squishing and shoving to get a snugride with the handle in the up position while this one went in easily even with the handle down.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No base at all? You'll need something to help with the angle for a newborn, then, and just remember that every installation has room for error. So if you install the seat four or five times a day there's going to be a time something's not right.

If you're going to install it and leave it, that's fine. Just take care of the angle for a newborn. A pile of pool noodles or a tightly rolled towel should work.

Wendy

jasminegrl

I have one, I DO NOT like how the handle has to be down, when I bought it I didn't know any better. We have to use the seatbelt to install since our car is a '93 and i don't think they have latch in Japan anyways. Since our car is so old we have to use one of those metal things on the seatbelt(i forget the proper name right now) it came with the seat though and I'm able to get an awesome rock solid install using the base. However while home visiting my parents if I use a self-locking seatbelt just with the car seat it leans horribly to one side and I can not get it tight enough at all so I keeep having to move the base from car to car so that I can use the latch on the base

dmpmercury

I won't be taking it out of the car much if at all. I'm used to convertables from birth. I might on occaison but definately not multiple times a day.

Can you tell from the pictures how much angle adjusting I have to do? I took pictures in both handle positions. I was at BRU experimenting so I got a general idea for fit and tightness but didn't really spend much time on it since I had my kids with me.

Baby trend with handle behind the seat
DSC05029-1.jpg

DSC05028.jpg

DSC05029.jpg

DSC05031.jpg

Babytrend in rocking position
DSC05020-1.jpg

DSC05022.jpg

Meg

I have this seat for my 2 month old and I like it. I'm not in love with it because certain things annoy me like the handle has to be down, the puzzle crotch buckle, the harness adjuster is difficult to do if the car seat is already in the base, and it will not install with LATCH in my car. I do like the material of the seat (it feels like suede), how easy it is to change the harness height, and how easily it installs with a seatbelt in my car. The seat is narrow though, so it can be a problem with a big baby. My little guy is nearing 16lbs and looks a bit squished, although, he seems content in his seat and doesn't appear to uncomfortable because of the width yet.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I have one, I DO NOT like how the handle has to be down, when I bought it I didn't know any better. We have to use the seatbelt to install since our car is a '93 and i don't think they have latch in Japan anyways. Since our car is so old we have to use one of those metal things on the seatbelt(i forget the proper name right now) it came with the seat though and I'm able to get an awesome rock solid install using the base. However while home visiting my parents if I use a self-locking seatbelt just with the car seat it leans horribly to one side and I can not get it tight enough at all so I keeep having to move the base from car to car so that I can use the latch on the base

It's called a locking clip. If you use a locking clip on your parents' seatbelt and leave the shoulder unlocked it won't tip. You can also twist down the female end of the buckle up to three full twists.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I can't tell from the pictures if it's level or not. I can't see the inside angle. It doesn't look bad in general, but no, I can't tell in the least.

Wendy

mimieliza

What about a Combi Coccoro? Those seats look so nice and compact rear-facing.

I have a Subaru Forester with a ridiculously small backseat, so I understand your dilemma.

dmpmercury

I thought of a Coccoro but it looks like it sits more upright then the infant seat and the angle comes from the insert. I think it be harder to get at the middle seat like that. I also can't get it locally to try it before hand in my car to see if it installs good and most of the online retail places won't ship to Alaska or charge to much for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC