98 Mustang Cobra....

daycaremom2002

Does a 98 Mustang have locking retractors? My sister is telling me that the belts don't lock at all.

She just installed her Coccoro into the car rear facing for the first time. She has never installed any seat other than her Shuttle.

Does the Coccoro look more upright than it really is? She is going to send me pictures eventually, but her battery is dead right now.

Where does the blue lock-off go when you use it? Does it go on the side with the buckle? She said she didn't have room to put it on because the carseat was up against the side of the car.

I am going to call a local tech and see if someone can help her, but I want to do what I can over the phone, just in case the tech isn't the most up to date.

Thanks everyone.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The belts should lock at either the retractor or at the latchplate. Vehicles manufactured after 9/95 are required to have seat belts that lock in some manner.

I'd send your friend this link to a great primer on seat belts and locking clips. That should help her figure out how her seat belt locks. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC