cosco HBB

swtgi1982

anyone every have the harness on this thing come off the splitter plate while installed? My DD was riding with my parents on the way to lunch today, and she made grandpa pull over twice since she "was not tight enough, and needed her seat tighter":whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: (yeah, a little car seat crazy 4yr old yes i know!)

But seriously when we got to lunch my dad said she told me it was loose so i stopped and tried to fix it but was unable to. so I looked at it when getting her out. I grabbed the harness near the chest clip and went to unbuckle the chest clip and as I pulled it over her arm to get her out the harness pulled right out of the seat on one side only.

So i fixed it and put it back in at their house after lunch (she rode with me after lunch to their house since their seat was broken)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Not on that, but on an Apex 65, yes. It did it four times while I was checking their seat. I told the parents to call Dorel,and to check every time to make sure it was on the splitter plate (if it is and it's tight it shouldn't come off, it's when it's loose and hanging I'd be worried). They never told me what Dorel said, or if they got a new seat or harness or what.

Wendy

swtgi1982

it has been tight that is the thing I do not get. My dad loosened it to put her in and then tightened it. It just kept coming loose on her since it some how popped off. And I know it was done right since I am the one who installed it and checked it last time since the harness was twisted from my brothers kid using it, he does not care and leaves harnesses all twisted up and way to loose. But it got taken out after that and harness fixed and re-installed. So I have no clue,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC