Getting the Safety 1st Complete Air this weekend.

Irishewwie

Okay. So right now we have a Evenflo Titan Elite for ERFing my 16 month old. She has already grown out it and we only got it 5 months ago. Stupid short shell. I didn't realize this when I bought it. Well I've done my research and have fallen in love with the Safety 1st Complete Air. I've gone to BRU and tried her out in and that sealed the deal. I just want to know what you guys have to say about it. Any complaints? And if possible, could I see some kids in it so I can get an idea of how it does with the growing of a child?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I think the main complaint is that the harness straps are really close together and cut into some kids necks. Some people don't like that it is a Dorel company product.
i just purchased one for my son, I think it's pretty awesome.
I dont have a pic yet, but my daughter, who is 5.5 years old, and 45 pounds, still fits in it with at least an inch of harness height left, and the harness fits nicely.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It does usually need pool noodles or a rolled towel for angle even if you want it at 30 degrees.

And the cover is hard to put back down after installing RF.

There's no way it will fit even huge newborns, or really most babies who haven't outgrown an infant seat.

But it's really a nice seat. My almost-6 year old still fits RF by height (and just outgrew it by weight.) And has room to grow FF by height as well as lbs. to go. (But she's mostly in a booster now!) That's her RF farthest from the camera in my siggy, at 5 1/2 years old and 38 lbs. clothed. You can see more pics of her in it on the Safety 1st Facebook page in fan photos. (I need to update my siggy some time soon!)

DahliaRW

I have this seat and I really really like it. I use it mainly rfing for my ds2 who is 2 1/2, 35-36ish pounds, and around 37" tall. He has ridden in it ffing once and it worked well that way too. It does take a pool noodle to install in most cases (in my sienna I needed one on the captain's chair and it's about as upright as would be allowed).

This is ds2 in the seat when we bought it last september. At that time he was probably an inch shorter and around 31lbs:

4426407822_bb2f85e197.jpg

And a side view of him in it last september:

4426407980_ddf2bd880a.jpg

This is DD in it a week or so ago. She is 8 months, probably 17ish pounds. Not sure at all on height. When I had it in our house she was even with the bottom slot, installed she's just a bit below. If I needed to make this work for her, I could probably recline it more and she'd most likely fit:

4426408060_6456ba0338.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC