Peanut Butter Recall

ADS
:eek: I have several jars in my pantry! We've almost finished one off with no signs of illness, so I think we're ok, but I'll be calling ConAgra to ask about reimbursement-- I just stocked up on a bunch of 28-oz. jars while it was on sale. :(

Thanks for posting this!!!

CrabbyBunchX3

We just finished off a jar tues/weds. Tuesday I felt horrible all day long-glad I was snowed in. Luckily, the kids don't seem to have been bothered by it.

I hope that ConAgra will reimburse you! Let us know how it goes.

beeman

With a recall I believe they are required to reimburse you or replace the product. It's good that theres a system in place to recall when a risk such as this comes across.

CrabbyBunchX3

With a recall I believe they are required to reimburse you or replace the product. It's good that theres a system in place to recall when a risk such as this comes across.

In the recall notice they don't state any plans to reimburse or replace the product, just that the consumers are to throw it out.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
We had one jar with about enough for 1 sandwich left in it. Hmmmm.

We didn't seem to have any problems here. I'm wondering if this might be the reason our grocery store had NO Peter Pan on the shelves the other day.

I hate JIF.

SPJ&E

I went to check the jar that we have and it starts with the same code! It's not opened, so none of us have eaten any, thank goodness!!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My dad has been eating this very PB on a daily basis a couple weeks now wondering why his flu wouldn't go away & we're snowed in, but he called his Dr. at the VA who said it might be Diverticulitis (again) -- doubtful ... I'm sure he totaly has Salmonella :eek: :(

CrabbyBunchX3

My dad has been eating this very PB on a daily basis a couple weeks now wondering why his flu wouldn't go away & we're snowed in, but he called his Dr. at the VA who said it might be Diverticulitis (again) -- doubtful ... I'm sure he totaly has Salmonella :eek: :(

Oh no! Sorry to hear that:( Hopefully once the PB is out of his system he will start to feel better.

adamsmommy

We have had 2 jars.:( One we just finished and one with just a scoop out of it. Nobody has been sick, but seems like the same time everyday, I get a fever. Not high, around 100. Nothing else though. I think I may be just battling the flu.

Dillipop

Thankfully, I get the Teddy Old Fashioned (just peanuts and salt) for DS and me. However, DH likes his added sugars and gets whatever is on sale for himself. I just searched for his jar and can't find it. He must be out and hasn't picked up any more. If it was peter pan, he hasn't shown signs of anything. Do you think all the affected ones will have been pulled from the shelves by now or should I make sure DH knows the code to look for when he gets his peanut butter next time?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yikes, this is one of those rare times I'm relieved to have a peanut allergic child and we don't buy or use peanut butter. Hope everyone who may have eaten the affected stuff is okay. :eek:

Morganthe

It's not just Peter Pan brand either -- Walmart brand too.
from www.nytimes.com
Yet more ammo for those choosy mothers

"ConAgra is recalling all Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter beginning with product code 2111 that already was distributed. The company also is destroying all affected products in their possession. The company will cease production until the exact cause of contamination can be identified and eliminated. ConAgra will advise consumers to destroy any Peter Pan and Great Value brand peanut butter beginning with product code 2111 in their possession. To assist in this endeavor, FDA has sent investigators to ConAgra’s processing plant in Sylvester, Georgia where the products are made to review records, collect product samples and conduct tests. …
Note: Although the ConAgra recommends pitching the suspect spread, it adds that frugal shoppers can hang onto the lid for a refund. Details are at the ConAgra Website

DH loathes Jif -- He's a Skippy chunky PB person & dd takes after him. I don't care. :p

Lara

that scared me when I read the title of the post. We got thru peanut butter like its the end of the world lol. Thankfully I just buy the huge jars of Skippy at costco.... I don't like anything else :eek:.

It was weird that I even had any of this brand; I usually buy the Skippy Natural or, when I can find it on sale, organic brands like Maranatha. But a few of the kids have lately decided they like crunchy PB, so I picked up several jars of what was on sale. :rolleyes:

I got busy with housework today and forgot to call, but if I remember to tomorrow I'll let y'all know what they said. I figure they didn't publicize that they'd give refunds, hoping that only a small percentage of people will actually call in to ask about it. But I'm almost certain they do/will.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I showed this to my MIL she had a 1/2 gone jar of it, and 3 more in the cabnits... all that needed thrown out... it was the peanut butter honey stuff. She said she'll call tomorrow and see if they are is a refund or anything, i'll let you know what we find out...
Allie had a sandwitch on Sunday, she had a fever and threw up all day monday and tuesday... NOT FUN!

LuvBug

ugh! so I printed out that page with a sticky note for my dad before I left work. They werent getting back until 7 but I wanted him to know because he eats peter pan ONLY. He didnt see the note, but called me to grab some dinner after school(at 7pm, he was right on schedule lol!). And after dinner, as he was dropping me back off at my car, he said how he just got some more peter pan to replace what we keep in the breakroom because it was getting old and I asked if he read the note and he said no so I told him and we looked at the jars he bought and they were in the recall. Glad I had dinner with him! He would have had some for sure when he got home(he loves PB). He really does NOT need to be sick right now.
Good thing I saw this! I need to tell mom too, even though she doesnt normally buy it, just incase.

arly1983

Those jars of Peter Pan were made in Sylvester GA (about 45 mins from here) and they shut that plant down. All the jars in Groegia had that code. Luckily I like Jiff.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC